2022 Outdoor Pool Season (Updated March 2, 2022)
City of Ann Arbor outdoor pools are planning to open in May 2022. For additional details for each pool, visit Fuller Park Pool, Buhr Park Pool and Veterans Memorial Park Pool. More information will be available soon.
* We will be offering pool punch passes beginning April 4.
* Deck furniture will be available for use at all three pools.
* Historically at the city pools, we have required a deep end test for all children under the age of 16 in order to use the deep end. We have spent a great deal of time reviewing our deep end test policy, specifically the age requirement of 16 years. We have looked at best practices around Michigan and throughout the country. We have also looked at other city policies regarding the age of swimmers who are able to come to the pool unsupervised by an adult. Based on this, children aged 12 and older will be allowed to use the deep end without a swim test at all three pools. We will be doing deep end test for children under 12 years old. We will continue to evaluate this and adjust if possible.
Buhr, Fuller and Veterans Memorial Park Pools
Updated March 2, 2022
General pool information
|Buhr Pool||Fuller Pool||Veterans Pool|
|Monday – Friday||Everyday||Everyday|
| || |
Please be mindful of these lap swimming expectations:
1. Please circle swim in all lap lanes. Even if you are the only swimmer in a lane, please circle swim so that swimmers feel welcome to share any lane.
2. For swimmer safety, please share a lane with swimmers that appear to match your swim speed even if there is a lane with fewer swimmers.
3. For swimmers' safety, please take care when passing swimmers in your lane. Awareness and care of those you are sharing a lane with can make your swimming experience safe and enjoyable.
4. Please feel free to kindly and respectfully resolve any challenges you have with other swimmers. If for some reason you are unable to resolve challenges with another swimmer in a mindful way, please let staff know so that they can help resolve the issue.
As a reminder, the City of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Services has a scholarship program to ensure that all Ann Arbor residents have access to our facilities regardless of economic situation. More information about our scholarship program, please visit our scholarship website. Current scholarship recipients should work with pool staff to secure pool spots this summer.
For additional details for each pool, visit Fuller Park Pool, Buhr Park Pool and Veterans Memorial Park Pool.