Tube Rentals at Argo
Tubes are a fun way to float down the Argo Cascades and the Huron River. Rent tubes and play in the Argo Cascades or continue tubing a short distance down the river. All tube renters walk back up on the paved trail adjacent to the river to the Argo Livery to return their tubes so only tube as far down as you want to walk back. Our tubes have bottoms, lifejackets provided and required, shoes required (no flip flops). Water shoes are available for purchase. Remember, one person per tube at a time, and you must be a minimum of 8 years old.
Tube Rentals at Argo – Two-hour rental
For $10/tube, you can tube down and hike back up as many times as you would like in your two-hour rental. Every day, anytime up to 6 p.m. in the summer months.
New: Purchase a Tube at Argo
You can now purchase a tube and inflate tubes at the Argo Canoe Livery.
New: Van transportation offered
Have your own boat or two and need a ride upriver? We now offer van transportation for people, no inflated tubes or boats, for $10/person from the Gallup Livery to the Argo Livery. Check with livery staff the time of the last van ride back each day.
Have Own Tube
Start at Argo Park and Tube the Argo Cascades and the Huron River
- Tube the cascades and a short distance down the river and walk back up adjacent paved trail.
- Tube one of the routes below and park a car or bike where you would like to end or tube to Gallup and catch a van ride back to Argo for $10/person (no inflated tubes).
- Island Park - 1 mile, 1-2 hour float, easy walk back up on adjacent paved trail
- UM Arboretum - 2 mile, 2-3 hour float, walk out to Mitchell Field where parking is available and free on weekends and evenings.
- Furstenburg Park - 3 mile, 3-4 hour float, exit the river on the left, or north side of river, near an old log dock and walk out to the Furstenburg parking lot where you provide your own transportation back.
- Gallup Park - 3.7 mile, 4-5 hour float. Caution - there is no current for the last mile of this trip so it is difficult to paddle your tube on this section. Van rides available from Gallup back to Argo but please check with livery staff the time of the last van ride.
Click to see full image
Parking Near the River
- Park at 900 Wall St. in the University of Michigan Eye Center parking lot on weekends. Walk aross Plymouth Rd. at traffic light near the river and follow the trail up to the Argo Cascades.
- Park second car or bike at Island Park, Mitchell Field or Furstenburg Park depending on how far you want to go down the river.
- Parking in Argo Park or Gallup Park is full on nice weather weekends so plan on parking in the Wall St. lot and end your tube float at parks upriver from Gallup Park.
- Parking is usually available in one of the Argo Livery parking lots on weekdays.
- Park at Island Park or Furstenburg Park.
- Parking is not allowed at University of Michigan Eye Center or University of Michigan Mitchell Field on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Tips for Tubing
If you want to float the river from Argo to Gallup rent a kayak, raft or canoe for there is little or no current the last mile to Gallup. This river section is much more enjoyable with a paddle and the transportation upriver is provided with your boat rental.
- There is an air compressor, free of charge, adjacent to the Argo Livery restrooms
- Lockers are available to rent at Argo for $.50 for personal belongings.
No alcohol is permitted in City of Ann Arbor parks.
No glass bottles.
- Wear a lifejacket.
Wear shoes for cut feet are frequent injuries on the river. Argo sells watershoes all sizes for $12.
High water caution - if the liveries are closed for river trips that means the river is flowing fast and is too dangerous for boats and tubes. Check the
City Liveries website to see if there are restrictions due to river conditions.