Tube Rentals at Argo
- May 7-27: Weekends, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- May 28-Sept. 5: Every day, 9 a.m. -8 p.m.
*Last rental is 2 hours prior to close. For example if we close at 8 p.m. the last rental of the day is 6 p.m.
Tube Fees, Policies and Details
- $10/tube for a 2-hour rental
- 1-person per tube
- Must be 8 years old or older
- Shoes, no flip flops, are required (Argo sells water shoes for $15)
- Rental tubes stay in the Argo Cascades and are returned at the Argo Livery
- Tube down the cascade rapids and walk back up on the adjacent trail to repeat 2-4 times in your 2-hour rental
Have Own Tube?
Start at Argo Park and Tube the Argo Cascades and the Huron River
- Tube the cascades and a short distance down the river and walk back up adjacent paved trail.
- Tube one of the routes below and park a car, bike or be picked up where you would like to end.
- Gallup Livery offers $10/person van transportation back to Argo during regular hours.
- *NEW* Argo has tubes available for purchase.
*Time is estimated average and depends on river flow
- Argo Cascades: 1500 feet, 5-minute walk, 20-minute tube
- Argo Park to Riverside Park: .7 miles, 15-minute walk, 40-minute tube
- Argo Park to Island Park: 1.2 miles, 30-minute walk, 1-hour tube to Island Park boat landing with an easy walk back up on adjacent paved trail
- Argo Park to Mitchell Field: 2.5 miles, current ends here, 1-hour walk, 2-hour tube
- Argo Park to Furstenberg Park: 3.2 miles, there is no current the last ½ mile, 1.5-hour walk, 3-hour tube
- Argo Park to Gallup Park: 3.7 miles, there is no current the last mile, 2-hour walk, 3.5-hour tube, $10 van transports from Gallup Livery back to Argo up to 1 hour prior to closing.
Click to see full image
Parking Near the River
- Park at 900 Wall St. in the University of Michigan Eye Center parking lot on weekends. Walk aross Plymouth Rd. at traffic light near the river and follow the trail up to the Argo Cascades.
- Park second car or bike at Island Park, Mitchell Field or Furstenburg Park depending on how far you want to go down the river.
- Parking in Argo Park or Gallup Park is full on nice weather weekends so plan on parking in the Wall St. lot and end your tube float at parks upriver from Gallup Park.
- Gallup Livery offers van rides back to Argo for $10/person and tubes must be deflated.
- Last van ride from Gallup to Argo is 1 hour prior to livery closing
- 6 p.m. prior to Memorial Day weekend
- 7 p.m. Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Parking is usually available in one of the Argo Livery parking lots on weekdays.
- Park at Island Park or Furstenburg Park.
- Parking is not allowed at University of Michigan Eye Center or University of Michigan Mitchell Field on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Gallup Livery offers van rides to back to Argo for $10/person and tubes must be deflated
Tips for Tubing
If you want to float the river from Argo to Gallup rent a kayak, raft or canoe for there is little or no current the last mile to Gallup. This river section is much more enjoyable with a paddle and the transportation upriver is provided with your boat rental.
- There is an air compressor, free of charge, adjacent to the Argo Livery restrooms
- Lockers are available to rent at Argo for $.50 for personal belongings.
- The Argo Livery does not loan or rent paddles for tubes. Lifejackets are available to rent for $5.
No alcohol is permitted in City of Ann Arbor parks.
No glass bottles.
- Wear a lifejacket.
Wear shoes for cut feet are frequent injuries on the river. Argo Livery sells watershoes all sizes.
High water caution - if the liveries are closed for river trips that means the river is flowing fast and is too dangerous for boats and tubes. Check the
City Liveries website or USGS a2gov.org/riverflow to see if there are restrictions due to river conditions.