Welcome to Veterans Memorial Park Pool. We look forward to a fun and safe pool season. This year, we will be opening on May 29, 2021 to offer as many opportunities for swimming as we safely can.
As you may know, we have instituted a reservation-only policy for this summer. Reservations will need to be made at least one day before you want to come swimming (same day reservations are NOT available). To make reserving lap lanes as equitable as possible, our reservation system will limit swimmers to three reservations per week. Cancellations and refunds may be given up to one day in advance of the reservation.
All reservation are for 90-minute sessions. Each reservation will offer 80 minutes of swim time with a reminder in the final five minutes to finish and exit the pool promptly. The remaining 10 minutes of the reservation will be used to gather belongings and leave the pool deck safely.
To make a reservation for swimming at Vets Park Pool, click here, beginning May 8, 2021, to create an account.
Helpful tips for making reservations
· Use the filters on the left side of your screen to pinpoint what you are looking for:
Choose the location.
The type of space you want to reserve.
Choose a session(s) that best suits your schedule.
- Click on the “book" button to see the days and times for that particular space.
- Choose the three a week you would like to book for however long you want to book them. By limiting your weekly bookings, you are welcome to book as many weeks as you would like. Please note: You must pay for the visits in full to secure the booked spaces.
If you don't see days you want, check out another spot using those same criteria.
See a day and time you want but it is already booked? Add yourself to the waitlist and if that space becomes available, you will be notified to reserve the space.
Looking for a very specific day and time, choose the schedule link at the top left of your screen and scroll to the date you are looking for. Then you can use the time pull down tab to look at specific times that day. Once you find what you are looking for, click the “book" button.
Not sure what space you should reserve or what we have available?
*Please note the reservation system limits reservations to three per week (Sunday through Saturday).
Lap lanes – There will be 3 spaces available in the lap lanes for lap swimming. Lap lanes are designated by a lane number, color, and shape. This will help you identify your space on the deck. Only one swimmer per lane and guests are asked to remain in their assigned lane.
Family space – Toddler area – this space will offer 3 reservation opportunities. Each reservation offers a maximum of 6 guests all living in the same household. The shallow end has a maximum depth of 3 feet and is best suited for family groups with kids 8 and under. All children must be actively supervised by an adult while in the water.
Family space – Shallow End - this space will offer 3 reservation opportunities. Each reservation offers a maximum of 6 guests all living in the same household. The shallow end space has a maximum depth of 3 to 5 feet and is best suited for family groups with kids 5 and older. All Children must be actively supervised while in the water.
Family space – Deep End – this space will offer 2 reservation opportunities. Each reservation offers a maximum of 4 guests all living in the same household. All guests must be 12 years or older.
May 29 - June 11
Saturday and Sunday;
12:30 - 2 p.m., 2 - 3:30 p.m., 3:30 - 5 p.m., 5 - 6:30 p.m. and 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Monday - Friday;
3:30 - 5 p.m., 5 - 6:30 p.m. and 6:30 - 8 p.m.
June 12 - September 6
Saturday through Sunday;
12:30 - 2 p.m., 2 - 3:30 p.m., 3:30 - 5 p.m., 5 - 6:30 p.m. and 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Lap Lanes – FEES VARY BASED ON AGE
|Adult ages 18-54||$6|
|Seniors 55 and up||$5 with Discount Code: S used at checkout|
|Youth 17 and under||$5 with Discount Code: S used at checkout|
Family Spaces - FEES VARY BASED ON GROUP SIZE
The base price is $31 for a family of 6. Smaller families will use the following discount codes at checkout:
|Group of 5 or 6||$31|
|Group of 3 or 4||$21 with Discount Code: F4 used at checkout|
|Group of 2||$11 with Discount Code: F2 used at checkout|
|1 person||$6 with Discount Code: A used at checkout|
Day of cancellations will not be refunded. * Due to physical distancing guidelines, a maximum of six members of the same household are allowed to participate in a reservation. Additional guests will be turned away at check-in.
Reservations are made here, starting May 8, 2021
Questions on how to make a reservation? Call Vets Pool at 734.794.6235 or Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation Customer Service at 734.794.6230 ext. 0.
When reserving space at our outdoor pools, you will be asked to agree to the following waiver:
As a guest of Fuller, Buhr or Veterans Memorial Pool, I understand that I must wear a mask to enter the pool area and will wear my mask until I am ready to enter the water.
I agree to maintain at least 6 feet of distance, in and out of the water, between myself and others outside of my household.
I agree that I will be in the water to actively supervise any children from my household and help them maintain at least 6 feet of distance, in and out of the water, between our group and others outside of our household.
I acknowledge that the person/persons swimming in the deep end or swimming laps are at least 12 years of age. I understand that no swimmer under the age of 12 is allowed to swim in these areas of the pool.
I agree that I myself, and all others joining my reservation, will follow all safety protocols established by the City of Ann Arbor and I understand that failure to do so can result in being asked to leave the facility without a refund.
All guest health screening
I agree to complete the following health screening on day of my reservation. If you answer YES to any of the following questions or are not feeling well on the day of your reservation, you must stay home:
- Have you been in contact with a person who has COVID-19?
- Have you felt unwell in the last three days? (Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste of smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and/or diarrhea).
Get ready for your visit by knowing what to expect:
- Guests will be required to wear masks inside the lobby during check-in and are strongly encouraged to leave them on until they enter the water.
- Guests are required to come to the facility dressed to swim. Showers will not be available.
- Guests will be required to follow all way-finding signage and directives by staff.
- Guests will be required to supply their own swim equipment. We will have no equipment available to guests.
- Guests may bring their own chairs. No deck chairs will be provided.
- Guests will be assigned to a section of the pool for swimming and shall remain in that assigned section. Guests will be sharing a section of the pool with other family groups.
- Parents will be asked to actively supervise their swimmers and assist in maintaining the six feet separation.
- Guests will be asked to keep their belongings in their reserved and designated deck space. This deck space will be six feet away from other guests.
- Reservations are for 90-minute sessions. Each reservation will offer 80 minutes of swim time with a reminder in the final five minutes to finish and exit the pool promptly. The remaining 10 minutes of the reservation will be used to gather belongings and safely leave the pool deck. Failure to comply with the exit request by staff may result in the cancellation of future reservations.
- Single use bathrooms will be available for use by guests. Bottle filling stations for water will be available to guests both inside and outside of the facility.
- All existing pool rules are applicable and may be enforced.
Group Swim Lessons
Vets Pool will be offering reduced sized and socially distanced group swim lessons for various ages and abilities. Please visit the Vets Swim Lesson page for more information. Lessons begin June 14 and registration begins May 14.
Private Swim Lessons
We are not currently offering private swim lessons.
Dolphins Swim Team
We are not currently offering the Dolphins Swim Team.
POOL AND ROOM RENTALS
We will not be able to offer pool rentals this summer.
The Veterans Memorial Park meeting room is available to rent year-round. The room is approximately 718 square feet with a small refrigerator, 65” TV,
speakers, connections for laptops, video and other portable devices. The room room features eight tables (6 feet x 2.5 feet) and 50 chairs. Fees are $40/per hour, resident; and $50/per hour, nonresident (one hour minimum rental).
Our facilities COVID-19 Point of Contact is Bill Meeks. Please contact her at [email protected] or 734.794.6235 regarding questions or concerns with COVID-19 related issues. We will continue to update our COVID-related webpage with new information. Staff will review any new orders or recommendation and adjust process if possible.