General Swim Information
Since the most recent Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Order, Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s announcements, and the updated Washtenaw County Health Department Public Pool Operating information, City of Ann Arbor Parks staff have been working to update the procedures and admissions systems to accommodate the increased capacity beginning June 14th. As previously stated, the City is planning a stepped approached to increasing capacity, which is outlined below.
6/14/2021 - 9/6/2021: Increase capacity limits for lap swimming and general swim. Pool admissions will be available in two hours blocks and can be purchased on-line or at the pool the day of, if spaces are available. Fuller Pool will have up to 150 spots available per 2-hour block while Buhr Park Pool and Veterans Memorial Park Pool will have up to 140 spots available per 2 hour-block (70 available online as up to 45 could have been reserved with prior system).. Total spots available include individuals that made reservations in the Omnify system. Typically, up to 3 swimmers per lap lane will be allowed. After reviewing options and systems, individuals will be able to begin purchasing pool admissions online Tuesday June 8th at 12 a.m. for dates on or after June 14th. While advanced purchases are not necessary, the option is available for those interested.
If you are interested in purchasing an admission online, please follow these steps:
- Please visit the Registration page
- You must have a current CivicRec account with all attendees over the age of 3 on the account
- Click on the General Swim Registrations tab at the top of the page
- Choose the pool you would like to visit and click the name
- Choose the time slot and pool area (lap swim or general swim) that you would like to attend. Same day reservations end 1 hour before.
- Choose who will be attending the pool
- Click Select Dates and choose dates that the selected individuals will be attending
- Youth and Senior discounts will automatically be applied
- Once you have selected your dates and attendees, please check out and pay
General Swim Schedule
June 14 - Sept 6
Sunday - Saturday
|Time slot||Capacity |
|Noon - 2 p.m.||70 (Limited for immunocompromised)|
|2 - 4 p.m.||140|
|4 - 6 p.m.||140|
|6 - 8 p.m.||140|
* Walk-ins will be subject to prior registration numbers. Up to 45 could have been reserved with prior registration system.
General Swim Fees
|Adults; ages 18 - 59||$6|
|Seniors; ages 60 and up||$5|
|Youth; ages 4 - 17||$5|
|Ages 3 and under||Free|
To swim in the deep end of the pool, you must be 12 years old or older. Due to the restrictive schedule and limited staff availability, there will be no deep end tests at this time.
All guest health screening
I agree to complete the following health screening on day of my reservation. If you answer YES to any of the following questions or are not feeling well on the day of your reservation, you must stay home:
- Have you been in contact with a person who has COVID-19?
- Have you felt unwell in the last three days? (Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste of smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and/or diarrhea).
Get ready for your visit by knowing what to expect
- Locker rooms will be available.
- Guests will be required to follow all way-finding signage and directives by staff.
- Limited pool furniture will be available, but you are welcome to bring your own chair.
- Parents will be asked to actively supervise their swimmers.
- Reservations are for 120-minute sessions. Each reservation will offer 110 minutes of swim time with a reminder in the final five minutes to finish and exit the pool promptly. The remaining 10 minutes of the reservation will be used to gather belongings and safely leave the pool deck.
- Failure to comply with the exit request by staff may result in the cancellation of future reservations.
- All existing pool rules are applicable and may be enforced.
Group Swim Lessons
Vets Pool will be offering reduced sized and socially distanced group swim lessons for various ages and abilities. Please visit the Vets Swim Lesson page for more information.
Private Swim Lessons
Private swim lessons are 30 minutes and available beginning Monday, July 26; Monday - Thursdays, 9 a.m. - noon. Ages 6 to adult for all levels of swimmer. $18 residents/$22 non-residents.
Dolphins Swim Team
We are not currently offering the Dolphins Swim Team.
POOL AND ROOM RENTALS
We will not be able to offer pool rentals this summer.
The Veterans Memorial Park meeting room is available to rent year-round. The room is approximately 718 square feet with a small refrigerator, 65” TV,
speakers, connections for laptops, video and other portable devices. The room room features eight tables (6 feet x 2.5 feet) and 50 chairs. Fees are $40/per hour, resident; and $50/per hour, nonresident (one hour minimum rental).
Our facilities COVID-19 Point of Contact is Bill Meeks. Please contact her at [email protected] or 734.794.6235 regarding questions or concerns with COVID-19 related issues. We will continue to update our COVID-related webpage with new information. Staff will review any new orders or recommendation and adjust process if possible.