About the Facility
Buhr Park Pool features a six-lane, 25-yard pool with a deep well and a separate zero-depth entry children's wading pool with interactive play toys. We have 39 acres of rolling hills, picnic areas with barbecue grills, a play area, softball diamonds, soccer fields and outdoor tennis courts at our park.
We are no longer able to accommodate day camps and day care groups at our facility. Groups of 10 or more should contact Veterans Memorial Pool. If you would like to bring your camp group or day care to swim, please contact Veterans Memorial Pool at 734.794.6235.
Paved Multi-Use Trail (Non-Motorized)
2023 Season Notices
Check back regularly as these notices are updated.
Lap Swim Schedule June 12-Aug. 27
- Mondays-Fridays: noon-1 p.m.
Open Swim Schedule Aug. 28-Sept. 4
- Monday-Friday: 3:30-8 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: noon-8 p.m.
Tot Swim Schedule June 12-Aug. 27
- Mondays-Fridays: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Pool Programs & Lessons
Register online for swim lessons, swim teams, pool passes and more. Class descriptions and level information are available under each class link on the catalogue. View the fall/winter 2023 parks guide here. Registration opens Monday, Aug. 21, 10 a.m.
City of Ann Arbor Pools
The City of Ann Arbor operates three outdoor pools, in addition to Mack Indoor Pool.
The Ann Arbor Octopods Swim Team is for ages 5-17. There are four sessions throughout the year, with registration required for each session.
3 and under FREE with a paid adult
Youth ages 4 to 17 $5
Adult ages 18+ $6
Senior ages 60+ $5
This card is good for daily admission for you and your family members. One punch per visit per person. Valid for all open swim and lap swim times. Punch passes are not valid for master's swim times. Passes are only valid for one year at any of our public pools. Punch passes are not eligible for refund.
10 punches: $40
25 punches: $100
50 punches: $187.50
100 punches: $350
This pool time includes use of the shallow and deep end of the pool for everyone to enjoy. Daily admission rates apply, and all punch passes are valid. Note: There are always two lanes dedicated to lap swimmers only during this time. Extended swimming hours may be available throughout the summer as daylight allows, look for posting of dates and times at the facility.
Deep End Testing
All children under the age of 12 must pass a deep end test in order to swim in the deep end. Deep end testing will be available at scheduled times throughout the day.
Private Swim Lessons
Individual swim instruction for swimmers ages 3 to adult, each private lesson is 30-minutes long and customized to meet the needs of the swimming participant. Please call the pool to find out dates and times available; space is very limited. Private lessons are for one participant only. Fee: Half hour $18 resident; $22 nonresident. Typically, private lesson will be available, June 13-Aug. 17, Monday-Thursday, noon-1 p.m. Registration will take place May, 29 at 8 a.m.
City of Ann Arbor Public Pool Rules
- All swimmers must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Everyone must wear a clean bathing suit with liner to enter the water.
- No running or horseplay.
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- All children under the age of 12 must pass a deep end test in order to swim in the deep end.
- Inflatables are not allowed in the pool (balls are permitted). All flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved.
- Diving is permitted only in the deep end of the pool. No flips, spin jumps, or back dives are allowed.
- No smoking.
- Snorkels, masks, fins, kickboards, and pull buoys are for lap swimming only.
- The City of Ann Arbor is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The wading pool is for children ages 7 and under accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parents and/or guardians must actively supervise their children.
- No glass containers are permitted within the pool area.
- The consumption of alcohol prior to or while visiting the pool is prohibited.
- Persons with infections, a communicable disease, or open skin irritations are not allowed in the pool.
- No spitting or otherwise polluting the pool.
- No pets are allowed on the pool deck.
- No animals are allowed in the pool.
- All food waste must be disposed of in garbage cans.