Buhr Park is a 39-acre park serving the south central part of Ann Arbor. The park is open from 6 a.m.-10 p.m. year round and features softball diamonds, two tennis courts, play equipment, a basketball court, open field play, a sledding hill, picnic facilities with a grill, a 25 meter outdoor pool with a family activity pool (open in the spring/summer) and an open-air ice arena (open in the fall/winter). Summer day camp is one of the popular programs offered at Buhr Park. Buhr Park is adjacent to Cobblestone Farm, a historic barn that serves as a venue for weddings and other rental opportunities, as well as the home of the Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Customer Service Center.
Buhr Pool Summer 2021
Monday - Friday
2:30-4:30 p.m. - Lap Swim Only
Saturday & Sunday
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
6:30-8:30 p.m.* Limited capacity for
2021 Swim Fees
Adult ages 18-54
Seniors 55 and up
Youth 17 and under
Current Operations, 6/14-9/6
Since the most recent Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Order, Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s announcements, and the updated Washtenaw County Health Department Public Pool Operating information, City of Ann Arbor Parks staff have been working to update the procedures and admissions systems to accommodate the increased capacity beginning June 14th .
Capacity limits have increased for lap swimming and general swim. Pool admissions will be available in two hours blocks and can be purchased on-line or at the pool the day of, if spaces are available. Buhr Park Pool will have up to 90 spots available per 2 hour-block. Total spots available include individuals that made reservations in the Omnify system prior to 6/14. Typically, up to 3 swimmers per lap lane will be allowed. While advanced purchases are not necessary, the option is available for those interested. If you are interested in purchasing your tickets in advance, please use this link to register.
How to purchase tickets in advance:
- You must have a current CivicRec account with all attendees over the age of 3 on the account
- Click on the General Swim Registrations tab at the top of the page
- Choose the pool you would like to visit and click the name
- Choose the time slot and pool area (lap swim or general swim) that you would like to attend
- There are separate registrations for general swim and lap swim. If you want to lap swim you must register for a lap lane session
- Choose who will be attending the pool
- Click Select Dates and choose dates that the selected individuals will be attending
- Youth and Senior discounts will automatically be applied
- Once you have selected your dates and attendees, please check out and pay
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing tickets in advance is NOT REQUIRED. However, if you would like to guarantee your spot for a certain timeslot, we recommend purchasing your ticket ahead of time to ensure you will be able to swim at your desired time as we will still adhere to a maximum capacity of 90 people. Thank you for your continued cooperation during this transition!
Reservations that were made through the Omnify Reservation system will continue to be honored. However, you may be in a different time block now that we are moving to blocks of two hours instead of 90 minutes. Please see the chart below to see which NEW time slot your reservation will be in:
|Omnify Reservation Times||NEW 2 Hour Time Blocks|
|10 – 11:30 am||10:30 - 12:30 pm|
|11:30 am – 1 pm||12:30 – 2:30 pm|
|1 – 2:30 pm||12:30 – 2:30 pm or 2:30 – 4:30 pm|
|2:30 – 4 pm||2:30 – 4:30 pm|
|4 – 5:30 pm||4:30- 6:30 pm|
|5:30 – 7 pm||4:30 – 6:30 or 6:30 – 8:30 pm|
|7 – 8:30 pm||6:30 – 8:30 pm|
Get ready for your visit by knowing what to expect:
- Guests who are fully vaccinated no longer are required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors. Masks are still required for those who are not fully vaccinated
- Guests will be required to follow all way-finding signage and directives by staff.
- Guests will be required to supply their own swim equipment. We will have no equipment available to guests.
- There is LIMITED deck furniture available and we ask that guests do not move already placed chairs. Guests however are still able to bring their own chairs.
- Guests with lap lane tickets are the only people eligible to swim in the lap lanes, REGARDLESS of how many people are currently swimming laps.
- Guests with Omnify reservations will continue to be honored. PLEASE CHECK THE ABOVE CHART TO FIND NEW CORESPONDING TIME
- Parents will be asked to actively supervise their children in the water
- Sessions are 2 hours in length. Each session will offer 1 hour and 50 minutes of swim time with a reminder in the final five minutes to finish and exit the pool promptly. The remaining 10 minutes of the reservation will be used to gather belongings and safely leave the pool deck. Failure to comply with the exit request by staff may result in the cancellation of future reservations.
- Guests are only able to stay for their paid session. Any additional sessions may be attended with purchase (if space allows) of additional tickets, as well as complying with all announcements and facility guidelines.
- Single use bathrooms will be available for use by guests. Bottle filling stations for water will be available to guests inside the facility
- All existing pool rules are applicable and may be enforced.
Our facilities COVID-19 Point of Contact is Sarah Stewart. Please contact her at email@example.com or 734.794.6236 regarding questions or concerns with COVID-19 related issues. We will continue to update our COVID-related webpage with new information. Staff will review any new orders or recommendation and adjust process if possible.
Outdoor ice arena - Currently Closed, Will Reopen in November!
(Updated Jan. 20, 2021) The open-air ice arena has a covered roof and a cooled subfloor that allows us to maintain ice even when it is over 60 degrees outside. Activities currently available include public ice skating and rental hours. The lobby, vending machines and locker rooms are temporarily closed. Skate rentals and sharpening are available. Immediate service, $6; overnight, $5.
Open skating schedule
You will need to preregister for an open skating time at:
www.a2gov.org/parksregister First, you'll be prompted to login or create an account to start, then select the "Open Skate" tab at the top.
Open skate COVID-19 procedures
The indoor lobby is closed and all skates must be put on outside on the designated benches.
- Facility Capacity is limited. Preregistration is required.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times including outdoors and on the ice.
- Locker rooms will be closed.
- The gender neutral/family bathroom will be available for use.
- Guests are required to come to the facility as ready to skate as possible.
- Guests will sign a waiver when registering acknowledging the following items as it pertains to COVID-19:
- Have you been in contact with a person who has COVID-19?
- Have you felt unwell in the last 3 days? (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste of smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea)
- Facility will be cleaned thoroughly between skate sessions.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility.
- All are advised to practice physical distancing while at the facility by staying at least 6 feet apart from anyone you didn’t arrive to the rink with.
- Parents will be asked to actively supervisor their skaters and assist in maintaining the 6 feet separation.
- All existing rink rules still apply
Skate rental will be available for those that need it. After the skate session, skates will get dropped off in a designated area outside upon exiting the facility. Skates will be sanitized between use.
Public Skating Pricing
|Youth (17 & under)||$4|
| * Skate learners are free|
Extended Season Policy
Weather permitting, the Buhr Park Ice Rink season may be extended for a maximum of two weeks. Buhr Park management will determine if the weather will enable the ice arena to continue operating at an efficient level after the scheduled March 29 closing date. If the predicted high temperature (per weather.com) will be consistently below 45 degrees, Buhr Park will continue limited public skating and drop-in hockey times for up to one week. The procedure will be followed again for the following week to determine if the ice arena will be open for up to a second additional week.