If you have questions regarding our current in person/online process relating to COVID-19, please visit our webpage for updates
Certificate of Occupancy Application (PDF) Links to all of the forms and applications for Construction and Building are provided below.
Additional links under each form will take you to information that will be useful during the completion and submission process, in addition to contact person(s).
Address Change/Addition Request (PDF)
- These requests allow developers, property owners and agents the ability to apply to change their current address, create new addresses for a development or correct incorrect addressing.
- Our office will make all approved changes and notify all City Services as well as the US Postal Services.
- There is a $100 fee for this service.
- Please contact Scott Harrod at 734.794.6000 x 42196 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the addressing process.
Electronic copies of site plans shall be submitted for all residential permit applications.
One (1) digital version of site plans should be submitted for site plans greater than ten (10) 8.5" x 11" sized pages or for larger sized plans - greater than 25 pages.
Digital versions of site plans shall be optimized with file sizes not exceeding 75 MB.
Building Application - Commercial
- Please refer to the attached information sheet for all requirements for submittal.
- Electronic copies of site plans shall be submitted for all residential permit applications.
- One (1) digital version of site plans should be submitted for site plans greater than ten (10) 8.5" x 11" sized pages or for larger sized plans - greater than 25 pages.
- Digital versions of site plans shall be optimized with file sizes not exceeding 75 MB.
- Site planned projects have additional permit requirements. Contact the Planning Division at 734.794.6265 or
Planning@a2gov.org to initiate a project.
You can also download Building, Housing and Zoning Board of Appeals applications.
Please visit Planning Services'
Development Review page to download applications for annexations, zoning, land division and site plan petitions.
*Banner, Block Party and Temporary Exemption from Maximum Permissible Sound Levels permits are currently handled through the
Clerk's offices on the 2nd floor of City Hall. Please contact them at 734.794.6140 for additional information and procedures.