RESIDENTIAL ONE OR TWO DWELLINGS AND TOWNHOMES ONLY
THURSDAYS 1-3 PM
15 MINUTE RESERVED TIME SLOTS
STREA2M Permitting Link:
Please click here for Expedited Permits Information Sheet
In 2022 the City of Ann Arbor launched a new online permitting system.
STREAM has replaced eTrakit as the City of Ann Arbor's land and permit management software.
All permits must be applied for through this system.
STEP 1: Visit https://stream.a2gov.org and register a new account (click on Guest in the top right hand corner and select Register). This account will be used for logging into STREAM to apply for and manage building and trade permits.
STEP 2: Once registered with STREAM, navigate to the Apply screen to submit for review the appropriate Contractor Licensing under the Licenses tab. This step must be completed to apply for permits in the STREAM system that require state licensing. If the licensing is currently up to date and active with the city, the registration fee will be waived. You will receive a confirmation email from the STREAM system once the submitted licensing has been reviewed and added to the system.
If you will be applying for a permit as a homeowner or the permit type does not require state licensing, Step 2 is not required. These steps only need to be completed once.
- When applying for a new permit, the search bar can be used, and the search filter is located under the Show Categories link. Be sure to select the appropriate category and permit type to apply for. Please contact our office if you are unsure of what type of permit to apply for.
- The system will email updates regarding your application process.
- The Dashboard will be used for managing permits, requesting inspections and paying invoices.
- Be sure to save often when using the STREAM system and avoid refreshing the browser.
- eTrakit will remain in use for active permits and projects currently in that system.
Please contact our office at 734.794.6263 ext 0 or by email at [email protected] with questions.