**Important notice regarding building permit plan review statuses:**
We have updated our status reporting methods to help you understand where your plans are in the review process. Please review the following building permit statuses and their description:
"UNDER REVIEW": Plans have been received by the building department and are being reviewed. We appreciate your patience as we ensure all building codes are met.
"REVIEWED": Plans are in house and ready to be scanned, but are NOT ready for pickup. We will contact you once they are ready for pickup.
"APPROVED": Plans have been reviewed and are ready for pickup. You will receive a call or email once the permit reaches this status.
"ISSUED": A permit will only be issued once all fees have been paid and plans are picked up from the Building Department. No work may commence before the permit has this status.
To schedule inspections or view inspection results for all construction activity:
By phone during regular business hours at 734.794.6263 and choose Option 1. Inspections will be scheduled according to the inspectors' availability. Inspectors conduct inspections Monday through Friday.
Inspection scheduling through eTrakit:
To schedule inspections using eTrakit on the internet:
1. Go to web page: etrakit.a2gov.org
2. A free Public login account is required to schedule an inspection. If you do not have a public login account:
Click setup an account. Enter your information in the required fields (fields marked with an "*"). Click create account: Your account will be created and you will be signed into the system. If you have a public login account. Ensure that the log in drop box is set to public. Enter your username in username field. Enter your password in the password field. Click LOGIN. Forgot your public login: Forgot eTRAKiT username or Forgot eTRAKiT password?
3. Upon logging in, the system dashboard is displayed for all of your activities. The dashboard may be blank when logging in for the first time.
4. Inspections are associated with permits. If you have your permit number available: Click the LINK TO PERMITS button. Enter your permit number in the permit # field. Click the LINK buttonThe permit will be added to your dashboard. To schedule an inspection on a permit listed in your dashboard, click the request” link in the “inspection” column. Verify the prepopulated permit and contact information and select the inspection type and date and then click the “add inspection” button. Verify the inspection information and click the “submit” button to schedule the inspection.If you do not have your permit number available: Under my dashboard > permits, click search permits. The permit search will display. In the search by field, choose Address Enter the property address of the permit in the search field and click on SEARCH. Example: for 123 N. Main St. you would enter 123 N Main (no punctuation and no St. Ave or Dr.) All permits associated with that address will populate. Double click on your permit to open it. Verify that this is the correct permit. If so, select the permit number (i.e. BLDG13-1234) with your mouse and copy it or write down the permit number. Click the DASHBOARD link at the top of the page and click LINK TO PERMITS. Enter your permit number in the permit # field. Click the LINK button. The permit will be added to your dashboard. To schedule an inspection on a permit listed in your dashboard, click the “request” link in the “inspection” column. Verify the prepopulated permit and contact information and select the inspection type and date and then click the “add inspection” button. Verify the inspection information and click the “submit” button to schedule the inspection.5. You will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the email; first, check your spam folder. If it is not there the inspection probably is not scheduled. Please feel free to contact our office if you are unsure of the process.
NOTES: 1. You CANNOT cancel inspections via eTRAKiT. Please call 734.794.6269 to cancel.
2. By requesting AM or PM you are simply making a request. The inspectors arrange their list the morning of the inspection and do so geographically. Therefore, your request may or may not be able to be granted, but we will make every attempt to do so.
3. Inspections cannot be scheduled for the next day after 2:30 p.m. on the previous day.
4. Inspections canceled the same day of the inspection are subject to a fee.
Construction inspection hours:
Construction inspections take place Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Construction inspectors are available to meet by appointment between 7:30-8 a.m. and by walk-in or appointment between 2:30-3:30 p.m. for mechanical inspectors and 3-4 p.m. for all other inspectors daily. Call 734.794.6269 for an appointment.
Construction inspectors may be reached by phone Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gary W. Building 734.794.6267 x42671
James W. Building 734.794.6267 x42676
John L. Electrical 734.794.6267 x42641
Tom B. Electrical 734.794.6267 x42672
Derik K. Mechanical 734.794.6267 x42648
David K. Mechanical 734.794.6267 x42644
Larry C. Plumbing 734.794.6267 x42659
Stephen V. Building 734.794.6267 x42645
Christopher M. Plumbing 734.794.6267 x42657
Ryan M. Plumbing 734.794.6267 x42673
Phil H. Building 734.794.6267 x42679
Rob W. Electrical 734.794.6267 x42642