**Important notice regarding building permit plan review statuses:**
We have updated our status reporting methods to help you understand where your plans are in the review process. Please review the following building permit statuses and their description:
"UNDER REVIEW": Plans have been received by the building department and are being reviewed. We appreciate your patience as we ensure all building codes are met.
"REVIEWED": Plans are in house and ready to be scanned, but are NOT ready for pickup. We will contact you once they are ready for pickup.
"APPROVED": Plans have been reviewed and are ready for pickup. You will receive a call or email once the permit reaches this status.
"ISSUED": A permit will only be issued once all fees have been paid and
STEP 1: Visit https://stream.a2gov.org and register a new account (click on Guest in the top right hand corner and select Register). This account will be used for logging into STREAM to apply for and manage building and trade permits.
STEP 2: Once registered with STREAM, navigate to the Apply screen to submit for review the appropriate Contractor Licensing under the Licenses tab. This step must be completed to apply for permits in the STREAM system that require state licensing. If the licensing is currently up to date and active with the city, the registration fee will be waived. You will receive a confirmation email from the STREAM system once the submitted licensing has been reviewed and added to the system.
If you will be applying for a permit as a homeowner or the permit type does not require state licensing, Step 2 is not required. These steps only need to be completed once.
- When applying for a new permit, the search bar can be used, and the search filter is located under the Show Categories link. Be sure to select the appropriate category and permit type to apply for. Please contact our office if you are unsure of what type of permit to apply for.
- The system will email updates regarding your application process.
- The Dashboard will be used for managing permits, requesting inspections and paying invoices.
- Be sure to save often when using the STREAM system and avoid refreshing the browser.
- You CANNOT cancel inspections via STREAM. Please call 734.794.6263 to cancel.
- We are unable to provide an exact time for inspections. The inspectors arrange their list the morning of the inspection and do so geographically.
- A two-hour window will be provided and is available via STREAM that morning. Inspections cannot be scheduled for the next day after 2:30 p.m. on the previous day.
- Inspections canceled the same day of the inspection are subject to a fee.
- eTrakit will remain in use for active permits and projects currently in that system.
Please contact our office at 734.794.6263 ext 0 or by email at [email protected] with questions.
Construction inspection hours:
Construction inspections take place Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Construction inspectors may be reached by phone Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gary W. Building 734.794.6267 x42671, 734.249.2721 (cell)
James W. Building 734.794.6267 x42676, 734.330.4658 (cell)
John L. Electrical 734.794.6267 x42641, 734.249.2562 (cell)
Tom B. Electrical 734.794.6267 x42672, 734.249.1941 (cell)
Derik K. Mechanical 734.794.6267 x42648, 734.249.3228 (cell)
David K. Mechanical 734.794.6267 x42644, 734.326.3237 (cell)
Larry C. Plumbing 734.794.6267 x42659, 734.249.2704 (cell)
Stephen V. Building 734.794.6267 x42645, 734.277.9761 (cell)
Christopher M. Plumbing 734.794.6267 x42657, 734.249.2418 (cell)
Ryan M. Plumbing 734.794.6267 x42673, 734.249.2916 (cell)
Phil H. Building 734.794.6267 x42679, 734.476.7616 (cell)
Rob W. Electrical 734.794.6267 x42642, 734.249.2508 (cell)