Water Billing


header image
Skip Navigation LinksHome » Services » Water Billing

​Customer Service Center

Larcom City Hall, first floor 
8.00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (except holidays)

301 E. Huron St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104


Assistance by phone or email 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday (except holidays)
Fax: 734.994.8991
[email protected]

Urge​​nt water issues

If you suspect, see or have​ a sanitary sewer back-up, sewage leak, water main break, rusty water, plugged storm drain, basement flooding or very low or no water pressure, please contact us by phone. During normal business hours, please call 734.794.6333.

After hours, evenings, weekends and holidays, please call the Water Treatment Plant at 734.794.6426.

​The vast majority of Ann Arbor residents and businesses are billed on a quarterly basis for water, sewer service and stormwater. These rates pay to maintain a water treatment plant, a wastewater treatment facility and hundreds of miles of water and stormwater conveyance infrastructure.  

Quick Links

​​​​​​​​​​​​​Ann Arbor Water

Prior to 2022, three separate water departments — with three different specialties — worked independently to provide quality water services and ensure the public health ​of the Greater Ann Arbor community. Today, these three units are working together as one — Ann Arbor Water — committed to excellence, scientifically based data and innovative solutions.

Cloudy Water

My water appears cloudy straight from the tap but becomes clear after sitting in a glass for a few minutes. Why?

This​​ is known as “flashing” and occurs because air (Oxygen) is more soluble in cold water. When water from cold outdoor pipes is poured into a glass inside a warm home, the tiny captured air bubbles are quickly released. The air is just flashing out of the cold water. However, if your water remains discolored, or has an odor, please contact us.  


City of Ann Arbor

The city may be able to postpone payments on utilities for those who are unable to pay as a result of COVID-19.  Please call customer service at 734.794.6333 to request a payment delay on your account. 

Barrier Busters (Washtenaw County)

Connect with resources via Barrier Busters to help you with your living expenses. Barrier Busters has help for rent, mortgage and utility assistance, transportation, food assistance, and other direct support needed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.​

Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund

​Up to $25,000 in assistance available to qualifying households for homeowners with financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It can help pay:

  • ​Mortgage or escrow payments
  • Property taxes
  • Condo/homeowner association fees
  • Utilities - Gas, electric, water
  • Internet
To apply, visit Michigan.gov/MIHAF​ or call 844-756-4423​​​​