Sign Ordinance Update Information
The City of Ann Arbor is updating its Sign Ordinance
to include new and innovative sign standards that reflect evolving technologies
and approaches as well as a general update of sign regulations. During
the planning process, which will last about a year, the City will work with our
project consultant, Giffels Webster, who has created an online platform called
PictureThis™ to better understand how residents and business owners think the
current sign ordinance is working and what may need work.
As you are out and
about in the city, look for signs that strike you as particularly creative,
effective, and attractive, or distracting, bland, and ineffective. Images
can be submitted to PictureThis™ from any internet browser using your
phone, tablet, or computer by clicking the blue "What do you think?" button once you have reached the website.
Document and Draft Library
Sign Ordinance Draft (8-8-2018)
Upcoming Public Meeting Information
The Sign Ordinance Update will be discussed at the following meetings:
- Downtown Development Authority Meeting, September 12, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., 150 S. 5th Street, Ann Arbor.
- The the City’s project consultant, Giffels-Webster, is presenting proposed revisions and seeking feedback from the community at a public meeting on October 4, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall.
Additional meeting dates and times to be determined.
Past Public Meeting Information
The Sign Ordinance Update was discussed at the following meetings:
- City Planning Commission Working Session, August 14, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Basement Conference Room of City Hall.
- Historic District Commission, August 16, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall.
- Downtown Develpment Authority Meeting, December 13, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., 150 S 5th Street, Ann Arbor.
- Historic District Commission Meeting, November 16th, 2017 at 7:00 in the Council Chambers of City Hall.
- City Planning Commission Meeting, November 14th, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall.