Jump to STREAM plan and permit system | upcoming participation opportunities | activity reports
Planning Services works to guide land use development, policy and preservation that best meets the City of Ann Arbor's goals. This work is steered by the Comprehensive Plan, initiatives put forth by the City Planning Commission, community efforts, and/or by changes in state and local legislature. To support this work, Planning Services is responsible for the following:
- Boards and Commissions: Planning Services supports the City Planning Commission, the Design Review Board, the Zoning Board of Appeals, and the Historic District Commission.
- Zoning Administration: Staff is responsible for administering, preparing amendments for, and maintaining the City's zoning ordinance and development standards, known as the Unified Development Code.
- Development Review: Planning Services accepts and coordinates review and approval of development activities including site plans, rezoning petitions, special exception uses, and land divisions. See the Development Review webpage for more information and applications as well as submitting an application.
- Long Range Planning: Planning Services is responsible for implementing and updating long-term land use goals outlined in documents that make up the City's Comprehensive Plan.
- Current Planning Initiatives: Visit the Current Planning Initiatives webpage to check out our current and recently completed projects.
STREAM Online Plan and Permitting System Services
Planning and Development Services is now using a new plan and permitting system called EnerGov, with an entirely online customer service web page called STREAM. You can now apply for all of these types of plans and projects, and more, completely online including payment:
- Site Plan applications
- Special Exception Use, Rezoning, and other planning petitions
- Historic District Commission applications
- Zoning Board of Appeals applications
- Zoning information reports and analysis reports
- Land division and land transfer applications
- Building and trade permits
Use and bookmark this link for easy access to STREAM https://stream.a2gov.org Please contact staff with any questions.
Upcoming Citizen Participation Notices and Meetings2295 South State Street
- A site plan is proposed that would include the development of a 4-story Marriott Springhill Suites hotel with indoor pool. The existing building and site would be demolished and redeveloped. The property is presently zoned O and the hotel is a permitted use within the zoning
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 7:00pm
Click 2295 South State Street
to view a PDF version of the notice postcard. 2805 Burton Road
- The developer proposes the following modifications from the approved site plan for Brightdawn Village:
- The building footprint and layout for the indoor gathering space have been revised, and sidewalks leading to the building have been updated.
- Electric vehicle parking spaces have been revised per current UDC requirements.
- Parking spaces have been reconfigured to relocate the barrier free spaces east.
- The sequence of construction has been updated to allow for construction of foundations prior to installation of asphalt pavement.
- The geometric design at the intersection of Packard Road and Burton Road has been revised.
3680 Packard Road
- The proposed project includes construction of a new pediatric dental office. The proposed building will be two stories, with the dental office on the first floor and additional office space on the second floor. The total floor area of the building will be 17,300 SF. Site work will include new asphalt parking areas, an underground storm water management system, water and sanitary sewer connections, and installation of new landscaping. Use of ten existing parking spaces will be shared between the proposed dental office and the existing Ann Arbor Cat Clinic. Access to the site will be provided via one new curb cut on Turnberry Lane. Click 3680 Packard Road
to view a PDF version of the notice postcard.
3400 Nixon Road - Owl Creek Apartments - This project includes rezoning the property from R4A to R4D (with conditions) to add a 5 story apartment building containing 135 studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments. Click 3400 Nixon to view a PDF version of the notice postcard.
2900 South Main Street - The owner of the property has proposed to build a new apartment building on 3-stories of approximately 46 residential units above 1-story of parking at grade. Click 2900 South Main Street to view the postcard.
Report of Activities
The City of Ann Arbor has published a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a consultant meeting 36 CFR 61 qualifications for Architectural History to perform a reconnaissance-level survey of the City's Fourth Ward Historic District.
The RFP is available on the City's Purchasing website and MITN.info Proposals are due March 2, 2023 at 2:00pm. Instructions for submitting questions are on page three of the RFP.
2019 Planning Services Activities Report - This report notes our most recent accomplishments, partnerships and initiatives as well as provides a summary of development within the city in the 2019 calendar year (this report is best viewed in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge browsers).