Because of the City’s
non-essential functions closure, applications for review by the Historic
District Commission will not be accepted until at least April 6. Applications
for minor work that has been designated to staff for approval may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City staff will continue to work remotely to answer questions and review applications for staff approval. Please email questions to email@example.com or leave a message at 734-794-6265 x42608.
- Information on the City's historic districts
- Review of building permit applications for property within historic districts
- Assistance with applications for work in historic districts
- Assistance with historic district regulations
Current Historic District Commission Packet
Historic District Commission agenda and packet information is now available at the City of Ann Arbor's Legislative Information Center.
- Access the
- Select "Historic District Commission" from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Search Calendar" button.
- Staff reports can be found by clicking the "Meeting Details" link for each meeting date.
Is This Property in a Historic District?
To find out if an address or parcel number is in a historic district, follow these steps.
- Click to go directly to
eTRAKIT or go to the City homepage and click on eTRAKIT under "Working In".
- Next, click the PROPERTIES box.
- Enter all or part of the address in the search box, or change the search field to search by parcel number or owner.
- Double click on the correct address in the results box.
- Click the LAND USE tab for historic district and other information.
See maps of each historic district.
See more information about the
HDC Application Process.
City Code Relating to Historic Districts; By-Laws
State Public Acts