Contact Us

Skip Navigation LinksHome » Departments » Engineering » Contact Us

​Report a ​problem

To report a pothole, street light outage, malfunctioning traffic signal, missing or damaged street signs, please use our Report a Problem page or the A2 Fix It app​.

For water emergencies or to report a water main break, basement flooding, sanitary sewer back up, rusty water or a plugged storm drain please contact us: Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-3 p.m. call 734.794.6350. At all other times, please call 734.994.2840.


To report a sidewalk in need of repair, please contact city staff at​ 734.994.2493 or by email at: [email protected] ​​​

Utility information

The City of Ann Arbor provides utility information as a service for those who request it.​

If you need to know the location of public water mains, sanitary sewer or storm sewer lines for a location within t​he City of Ann Arbor, please provide your name or company name, phone number and site address in an email to:​ [email protected] 

If no site address exists, please identify the street ​and block with as much detail as possible.  ​

Requests shall be processed within five business days.

​City Engineer
Nicho​las Hutchinson, P.E., 
734.794.6000 ext. 43633​

General information