CTN provides free video production training and equipment for Ann Arbor district residents and local area non-profits. Workshops cover the various aspects of television and digital media production.
CTN requires proof of residency with a photo ID. Check to see if you are an Ann Arbor resident. To register for a workshop at CTN contact us (734) 794-6150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREREQUISITE FOR ALL WORKSHOPS: Preview
- Preview - One on one hour long session with CTN staff to become familiar with CTN Servies and procedures.
- Studio - Go behind the scenes in a professional TV studio to learn how TV is created. This workshop provides participants with hands on experience running a three camera studio, including studio lighting, set design, studio camera operation, control room environment, audio set up and/monitoring, graphics creation/operation, video switcher and directing.
- Hotline Studio - Produce programs with minimal assistance with full studio results in CTN’s Mini Studio. This workshop provides participants with hands on experience in a small, self-contained studio environment, including remote camera operation, audio mixing, graphics creation and video switching.
- Remote Equipment - This workshop provides participants with hands on experience using various digital cameras and related field production gear designed for shooting on location(s). Cameras include, JVC GY HM 100U, GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition, Canon 70D DSLR, and the Canon T3i DSLR (subject to change).
- FCPx Editing -This workshop provides participants with a basic understanding of the FCPX User Interface (UI). From importing, managing media within FCPX, standard editing tools and their functions, exporting finished projects and digital media management advice and recommendations.