CTN seeks students who are interested in learning about community media in Ann Arbor and gaining invaluable work experience. Internships are three to four month unpaid work experiences where interns are actively involved in the daily operations of a four channel cable access center. CTN’s internship program offers a supervised work/training environment which is designed to utilize an individual's talent and interest while providing an opportunity to gain valuable skills.
In addition, CTN offers a Community Resource (CR) credit for 9-12 graders who are currently enrolled in AAPS. Students who are interested must apply via their current school and then contact CTN once they have been accepted. To learn more about CR credit visit http://www.a2schools.org/Page/624 and click the Community Resource (CR) program link.
Production Intern Duties
- Creating channel electronic bulletin board messages
- Editing and managing b‐roll archives
- Creating and Producing Public Service Announcements and promotional channel spots.
- Assist with CTN Media workshops.
- Crew on studio and remote shoots.
- Other duties as required, such as DVD duplication and greeting clients.
Programming Intern Duties
- Data entry and organization of channel program library
- Creating channel electronic bulletin board messages.
- Administrative duties such as duplication requests and greeting clients.
- Social media sharing of CTN programs.
- Assist programmer with digitizing programming.
- Four month commitment desired
If interested in internship opportunities, email your resume and/or demo link to [email protected].