Make a Suggestion or Request


header image
Skip Navigation LinksHome » Departments » Engineering » Traffic » Make a Suggestion or Request

​​​​​Engineering is responsible for the installation of new traffic signs, traffic signals, pavement markings and evaluating traffic calming needs and installation.

Repair or replacement

To report a damaged or missing sign, a malfunctioning signal, an obscured pavement marking, or a streetlight outage, please use our Report a Problem page, the A2 Fix It mobile app or call the Customer Service desk at 734.794.6320. ​​​​

New ​​sign

To request a new roadway sign, traffic signal, or pavement marking, please contact us by calling 734.794.6410, or by email [email protected]

Please contact Planning and Developm​​​ent Services for questions regarding business identification signs, at 734.794.6265.

Traffic compla​​ints

The City of Ann Arbor is dedicated to the five "E's" of traffic safety: Evaluation, Engineering, Education, Emergency Response, and Enforcement.

If you have a traffic complaint you would like to make City staff aware of, please complete the Ann Arbor Police Department's online Ann Arbor Traffic Complaint Questionnaire. Your feedback will be sent directly to the police department for review.