City construction and traffic controls Special event closures MDOT and WCRC project updates Additional resources Subscribe
The City of Ann Arbor has partnered with WAZE to provide a better way of learning about traffic controls within the city. To take advantage of this, visit WAZE.com or download the WAZE app.
Subscribe for alerts on road or lane closures within the City of Ann Arbor.
City of Ann Arbor Construction and Traffic Controls
Catherine Street, between Zina
Pitcher Place and Glen Avenue: Thursday, Feb. 27-Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020. Beginning 7 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, two lanes of westbound traffic will be maintained through the construction zone. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of Catherine Street, and the crosswalk on Catherine Street at Zina Pitcher Place will remain open for access to the Buhl Research Center and the Taubman Health Sciences Library. Barton Malow, on behalf of the University of Michigan, will be occupying the northern westbound lane of Catherine Street from Zina Pitcher Place to approximately 350 feet west of Zina Pitcher Place in order to perform reconstruction on university-owned underground facilities.
South Maple Road from Pennsylvania Avenue to Pauline Boulevard: 7 a.m.-3 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 11. Beginning at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 11, traffic on South Maple Road between Pennsylvania Avenue and Pauline Boulevard will be restricted to one lane with northbound and southbound through traffic maintained by a flagging operations. Drivers should expect delays.
(Unless otherwise noted, special events listed are not sponsored or endorsed by the City of Ann Arbor.)
8-11 a.m., Sunday, March 15, 2020, the following roads will be closed for the Shamrocks and Shenanigans 2020 (PDF) special event:
- South Main Street from Washington to Stadium Blvd.
- Washington between South First and Main Street
- South First between Washington and East William
- East William between South First and Main Street
- South Ashley between Washington and West Jefferson
- West Jefferson between South Ashley and South Main Street
5:30-11 a.m., Sunday, April 19, 2020, the following roads will be closed for the Big House 5K (PDF) special event:
- State Street from near the Stadium Bridge to Hill
- Hill from State Street to Church
- Church from Hill to Geddes
- Geddes from Church to Fletcher
- Fletcher from Geddes to East Washington
- East Washington from Fletcher to State Street
- State Street from East Washington to Madison
- Madison from State Street to Division
- Division from Madison to Hoover
- Hoover from Madison to Greene and Keech (finish inside Michigan Stadium)
3-11 p.m., Friday, June 12, 2020, the following roads will be closed for the Mayor's Green Fair (PDF) special event:
- South Main Street from William to Huron
- Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth
- Washington from South Ashley to South Fourth (except for traffic entering or exiting the Washington Street Parking Structure)
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) and Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) Projects
Please note: To stay informed of projects managed by entities other than the City of Ann Arbor, please subscribe directly to receive
(follow the link and click the envelope on the left of the page) and consult the