- Design – 2020
- Public Engagement – Spring/Summer 2020
- Obtain Construction Bids – Early 2021
- Start Construction – Spring 2021
North of Dexter Avenue and West Huron Street, between Lyn Anne Court and Arbana Drive. The map below shows the existing sewer location. The Lyn Anne – Arbana Sewer is a segment of the Huron West Park trunk sewer which extends from Maple Road to West Park.
Why is this project being done?
The sanitary sewer line in this project area was constructed in the 1920s to serve the northwest portion of the City. A 2017 Sanitary Sewer Improvement Preliminary Engineering report identified that this section of sewer, between Lyn Anne Court and Arbana Drive, needs to be upsized to provide for the long-term operation and maintenance of the sewer system. The total length of this segment is approximately 4,300 feet (0.8 miles)
Work to be done:
- Maintain existing sanitary sewer service throughout the design and construction.
- Install the new sanitary sewer and connect into existing system.
- Restore areas following construction, including green space and pavement.
Possible impact to residents:
- Impacts to residents during the design phase will be minimal. Engineering staff and work crews with vehicles and equipment will be in the sewer vicinity performing preliminary work such as land surveying, soil sampling, taking photos, video-recording and inventorying trees.
- Construction impacts will be identified as work progresses toward final design.
Costs and Funding Source
This project is being funded by the City of Ann Arbor Developer Offset-Mitigation Program, which uses developer payments to fund sanitary sewer wet weather capacity improvement projects.
Documents and Resources
Winter 2020 resident postcard (PDF)