NOTICE: Larcom City Hall (located at 301 E. Huron) is currently CLOSED to the public but inspectors and administrative staff will be conducting business remotely.
Questions and/or concerns about the State’s actions to mitigate the spread of coronavirus shall be directed to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-535-6136 between 8AM - 5PM daily.
The Planning & Development, Building, and Rental Departments can be reached via phone or email. Phone calls will be routed to our voicemail inbox which will be routinely checked by staff, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5p.m. We will respond to voicemails and emails received within 24-48 hours.
Building Department 734-794-6263 ext. 0, [email protected]
Rental Housing Services 734-794-6264 ext. 1, [email protected]
Planning Department 734-794-6265, [email protected]
Plan review and permit submission:
- Permit applications and plans for review will continue with digital submission via email (up to 150MB) using the [email protected] email address and by fax at 734.994.8460.
- At this time, expedited plan reviews have been suspended until further notice. The city will actively assess the demand for this service and will determine when conditions will allow for expedited reviews to resume.
- Issued permits and approved plans will be posted online for public access via eTRAKiT at https://etrakit.a2gov.org/etrakit3/.
- Questions regarding plan review can be directed to Deputy Building Official Mike Lemieux at [email protected] or Development Services Inspector Chris MacFarland at [email protected].
- Onsite inspections for building and trades will continue. Inspections should be requested online through eTRAKiT. Inspectors will continue regular communications with the public to discuss their inspection needs and verify timing.
- Inspections for rental properties have resumed.
- As a regular protocol for both building and rental inspections, the city will screen all inspectors daily for COVID-19 symptoms, inspectors will be equipped with appropriate personal protective equipment, and each inspection will be performed adhering to the 6-foot distancing requirement.
- Alternate means of inspections will remain an option as determined and agreed upon between project leaders and inspectors.
Submitting Permit Applications
At this time, the only option for submitting permit applications is digitally via email. Please send all applications and questions to [email protected] and by fax at 734.994.8460.
If you need to submit plans for review, they too, should be emailed (up to 150MB per email) with your application. All expedited plan review has been suspended until further notice.
For questions regarding plan review, please contact Mike Lemieux at [email protected] or Chris MacFarland at [email protected]
Issued permits will be posted on eTrakit at www.a2gov.org/permits.
No physical payments (cash, checks, cards) are being accepted at City Hall at this time. Permit applications can be paid via by faxing a payment sheet to 734-994-8460 or contacting the department for over the phone credit card information.
Approved building permits and associated permit drawings will now be posted on eTrakit. Please feel free to call or email us with questions regarding this process.
Construction inspections should be scheduled online through eTRAKiT or by emailing us at [email protected]. Please include a permit number, address, name of contractor, contact phone number and type of inspection requested when emailing inspection requests.
Please coordinate directly with your inspector via phone or email to determine results.
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe and strong during these trying times.
Stay Home, Stay Safe, SAVE LIVES