To review a list of recognitions the City of Ann Arbor has received, please visit the Communications website listed here.
City of Ann Arbor offers a comprehensive benefits program to all eligible employees. We understand that each employee has unique benefit needs, and our benefits packages are designed to fit each of these needs. Some of the benefits offered to eligible employees are:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program (also available are 457 ROTH and a payroll deduct ROTH IRA)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (this includes medical and dependent care accounts)
- Basic Life Insurance (available for employees and their dependents)
- Optional Life Insurance Coverage (2x's base salary)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Prepaid Legal and Identity Theft
City Guiding Principles:
- Open and honest communication
- Partnership and community
- Community and employee engagement
- Employee growth and enjoyment
- Employee development opportunity
1. Ensure the long-term financial health and stability of the city.
2. Support a safe and reliable municipal infrastructure.
3. Ensure a high quality of life, while balancing economic development with the preservation and conservation of natural resources.
4. Foster a community with respect for diversity and the open exchange of ideas.
5. Deliver high quality city services in a cost-effective manner.