E-FILING BEGINS JULY 13, 2023!
We are happy to announce that the 15th District Court has been selected by the State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) to become a MiFILE court.
We are incredibly excited at the opportunity to advance our court technology and open our court to e-filing. All attorneys submitting filings with our court will be required to e-file as required by Michigan Court Rule 1.109(G)(3)(f). Self-represented parties may participate in the e-filing program but will not be required to do so.
- ALL separately captioned documents must be filed as separate documents in a bundle. For example: Notice of Motion Hearing, Motion and Brief are three separate documents in the same bundle.
- Proposed Stipulations and Orders must be submitted as one document, not as a separate Stipulation and a separate Proposed Order.
- Proposed Orders related to a Motion scheduled for hearing should be labeled “proposed order” and included with the motion document and NOT filed as a separate TrueFiling Document.
- A separate Proof of Service is not needed if the other party/parties are registered users of the MiFILE system and are selected to receive service at the time of filing within MiFILE.
- A separate current summons document is required at the time a complaint is filed.
- When entering address information, please refrain from entering the full name of the firm and/or business and any c/o information. The party name (that will become the case caption) and mailing address are the only elements needed and required. Entering more than the required information will cause a delay in processing documents.
- Filers will need to arrange for service of process.
- When a case is commenced, service of process must be accomplished by traditional means.
- After a case is commenced, service of process of all documents filed electronically must be accomplished electronically by MiFile among authorized users. MCR 1.109(G)(6)(b).
- Parties who are exempt from e-filing, parties who have not filed a response or answer, or parties who have not registered as a user of MiFile and whose email address is unknown must be served by any other method required by Michigan Court Rules. The filer (or process server) must electronically submit a proof of service or certificate of service after serving the parties.
Please feel free to visit the links below for information provided by MiFile.
For further questions or concerns, please feel free to email the MiFILE help desk at [email protected]