On June 7, 1875 the City of Ann Arbor adopted an ordinance taking control of the Fifth Ward Cemetery. Renamed to Fairview Cemetery during the August 1, 1898 Council meeting, the cemetery is 8.65 acres and is located at the intersection of Kellogg Street and Wright Street near the Huron River.
Fairview Cemetery also maintains the John Felix
White Gravesite, a location that recently became part of the National
Underground Railroad Network to Freedom. Visit the Network to Freedom website for more information on the life of John Felix White and his journey to
The Cemetery is divided into 26 sections, with an on-site map providing reference for visitors. For help on locating a specific burial location, please contact the City Clerk's Office.
To view a map of available plots at Fairview Cemetery, please see the Fairview Cemetery Map.