Archived News Release: July 1, 2021 - ANN ARBOR, Michigan, July 1, 2021 — The City of Ann Arbor Public Works Department is offering Ann Arbor residents who suffered water damage during last week's severe storms free curbside pickup of bulky and water-logged items, by request only. Requests may be submitted immediately with pickup service taking between Tuesday, July 6 and Saturday, July 10. This service will be limited to items that suffered water damage in the rain events of June 25 and 26. To request a pickup, residents can contact the city at 734.794.6320.
The City of Ann Arbor has a set a diversion goal of 45% by 2022, therefore items that could be recycled or reused will not be picked up as part of this special service. In addition:
- Service will be limited to items that won't fit in trash carts.
- Carpet will be accepted if rolls are no longer than 4 feet and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- No electronics, appliances (with or without freon), or household hazardous waste. For proper disposal options for these items, please visit www.a2gov.org/recycle.
- No construction or demolition debris including wood, wallboard, flooring, tile, wires, spools, or pallets. These items can be taken to Recycle Ann Arbor's Recovery Yard. More information can be found at www.recycleannarbor.org/divisions/recovery-yard
- Yard waste will not be accepted. Please visit www.a2gov.org/compost for how to dispose of these materials.
The city has limited staff for this special service, therefore the city requests customers exercise patience and understanding for this effort. For information on all of Ann Arbor's trash, recycling and compost services, please visit www.a2gov.org/solidwaste
Media Contact Information
Communications Specialist for Public Services
Ann Arbor has 119,000 residents, spans 28.9 square miles and is frequently recognized as a foremost place to live, learn, work, thrive and visit.
To keep up with City of Ann Arbor information, subscribe for email updates, follow us on Twitter
or become a city fan on Facebook.
The city's mission is to deliver exceptional services that sustain and enhance a vibrant, safe and diverse community.