*UPDATED 9/22/2020: Road closures will continue on weekends until Nov. 1, 2020
Archived News Release: June 11, 2020 - Beginning at 2 p.m. Friday, June 12, various streets in downtown Ann Arbor will close to vehicle traffic to facilitate expanded patio services and shopping for restaurants, bars and retail businesses. The closures, per Ann Arbor City Council resolution, https://a2gov.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=4548513&GUID=DD182A75-FA00-4807-8A59-83D12F7F76CE&Options=ID|Text|&Search=road+closure,
will last until 8 p.m. Sunday and will continue every weekend until *Nov. 1, 2020.
The closures include:
- Main Street from William Street to Liberty Street.
- Main Street from Liberty Street to Washington Street.
- Washington Street from South Ashley to Main Street.
- Maynard Street from East Liberty Street to East William Street (closure is seven days a week).
- East Liberty Street from Thompson Street to South State Street.
- South State Street from East Washington Street to East William Street.
Closures to begin on Friday, June 19, 2020:
# # # # #
Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority Communications Manager
Ann Arbor has 119,000 residents, spans 28.9 square miles and is frequently recognized as a foremost place to live, learn, work, thrive and visit.
To keep up with City of Ann Arbor information, subscribe for email updates, follow us on Twitter
or become a city fan on Facebook.
The city's mission is to deliver exceptional services that sustain and enhance a vibrant, safe and diverse community.