Communications Office

Filming in Ann Arbor

Skip Navigation LinksHome » Departments » Communications Office » Filming in Ann Arbor

​​This page is designed to assist those interested in film production within the City of Ann Arbor.  There is no general film permit available in the city. B-roll or other filming is permitted as long as film crew(s) and equipment is not impeding pedestrian or vehicular traffic in any way on city sidewalks, streets or city-owned property.  

Permits may be required for filming activities that do require the closure or partial closure of city sidewalks or streets. See contacts below. 

Sidewalk, rights of way an​d street permits: Brian Nollar, City of Ann Arbor, Engineering Unit, 734.323.6939, e-mail: [email protected] 

City of Ann Arbor Police Services and traffic control: Sergeant Bill Clock, (734) 794-6940, ext. 49403, e-mail: [email protected]. If Police assistance is needed, 7-days advance notice is required for scheduling. 

Parks and Recreation Location Rentals, including the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market: Jessica Black, Parks and Recreation Facility Supervisor, e-mail: [email protected]

Rights of way and sidewalk occupancy permits, Planning and Development Permits Desk, (734) 794-6267, option 5.

Signs, signals, street barricades and infrastructure: Chuck Fojtik, Public Works Supervisor, (734) 794-6350, ext. 43332.  

Street closure approval or schedule of special event in Ann Arbor: Debra Williams, Community Services Area, (734) 794-6000, ext. 42198, e-mail: [email protected].

Parking meter bagging, onsite street parking, surface lots or parking structure inquiries: Contact Republic Parking at (734) 761-7235

​General Film Questions: Lisa Wondrash, Communications Director, ​e-mail  [email protected].org. ​