The Argo Canoe Livery is closed for the season. The Gallup Livery is open and offers the 3.7-mile river trip and stillwater paddling in Gallup Pond.
River Trips (current) - Reservations Required
Argo to Gallup River Trip - 3.7 miles, 1.5 hours - Starts at the Gallup Canoe Livery in the fall
After the Argo Livery closes on September 6, this river trip starts at the Gallup Livery with a van ride upriver. Paddle kayaks or rafts down the Argo Cascade rapids and on down the beautiful Huron River in Ann Arbor.
- September 9-October 24: starts at the Gallup Livery
- Weekends every half hour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays on the hour every hour from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $30/2-person kayak
- $24/1-person kayak
- $30/2-person canoe, (3-person if children)
Stillwater paddle on 2-Mile Argo Pond (no current) - closed for the season, go to the Gallup Livery for all boat rentals in September and October.
Paddle a boat on this beautiful section of the Huron River where the river is a calm lake. No reservations for we always have boats available to rent.
- Boat rental fees:
- $22/canoe or double kayak
- $17/single kayak
- $23/stand-up paddleboard
Boats, Boats, Boats
Reservation Times to Rent Boats
Reservation time slots are required for the river trips
- Prior to the day of reserve online.
- On the day of you can call in to check if times are available. Weekdays there is usually plenty of times available.
- You are reserving a time slot for your group of up to 7 people and you select and rent your boats when you arrive at the livery.
- To make a reservation - create an account - pick your river trip depending on dates available - select a time - select a date - put down one $10 deposit for a group of 7 or less people. If you have more than 7 people - add an account member under your account for every 7 people (for example if you have 20 people you will need 3 reservations).
- We have 100's of one and two person kayaks available to rent!
Argo Livery Tube Rentals - Closed for the season
- Tube down the Argo Cascade rapids and walk back up to repeat 2 or 3 times in your 2 hour rental time
- Available during Argo Livery open hours - last tube rented is 5 p.m. and we close at 7 p.m.
- $10/person for a 2-hour rental
- 1 person per tube
- Must be 8 years or older
- Shoes, no flip flops, are required. We sell water shoes for $15 at the Argo Livery
- We do not provide river trips or transporation for tubes
- Tube webpage for tubing the river with your own tube
Argo Livery and Park
Gallup Canoe & Kayak
Gallup Livery is our other location and is located 3.7 miles downstream from Argo. Gallup offers river trips and stillwater paddles every day from mid April to the end of October. In the spring and fall when Argo is closed go to the Gallup Livery for all boat rentals.
River Programs & Camps
2021 spring/summer River Programs descriptions and how to register. The Argo and Gallup Livery offer river day camps, preschool programs, kayak and SUP instruction, senior kayaks, adapted kayaking and much more. Register for summer programs.