The Argo Livery is located at the Argo Cascades and features canoes, one-person kayaks, two-person kayaks, five-person rafts, tubes, and stand-up paddleboard rentals. Also offered are concessions, river merchandise, and river themed programs. We accept credit cards, cash and checks for payment. Dogs are welcome. Come paddle with us for a fun river trip enjoying outdoor adventures with friends and family!
"Do Not Eat Fish" From the Huron River Advisory Issued by the State of Michigan
Gallup Canoe Livery is our downstream location and offers different trips, programs and boats. Register for a program or view program details at bottom of page.
The advisory includes that "touching the fish or water and swimming in these water bodies is NOT CONSIDERED a health concern.Therefore, the Gallup and Argo canoe liveries will maintain full operations.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is advising residents to avoid swallowing foam on the Huron River as it may contain high amounts of PFAS. Visit the PFAS webpage for additional information
River trips paddle down the river current and we provide a van shuttle upriver. We offer two river trips both of which paddle through the Argo Cascades and on down the Huron River through the city of Ann Arbor. Click below for river trip details!
Paddle a boat in 2-mile Argo Pond where there is little or no current. Great for beginners and families. No van ride needed; just jump in a boat and go!
|1-person Kayak ||2 hours||$15/boat|
|Canoe and 2-person Kayak ||2 hours||$20/boat|
|Stand-up Paddleboard||2 hour||$21/boat|
Rent a Tube
Float down the Argo Cascades, walk back to the top and repeat the fun! One-person per tube, ages 8 years and above. Shoes required (no flip flops). No coolers. Tubes are just for use in the cascades and do not go down the river to Gallup Park. People average three to four tube rides down the cascades in a two-hour rental.
No van transportation provided for tube rentals or personal tubes. Lockers are available for personal belongings.
Weekends only: $10/tube, 2-hours, Argo Canoe Livery
River and Boat Details
Have Your Own Tube?
Tube the river details on routes to take, where to park and a map of the river.
Parking at Argo on Weekends
Argo Canoe Livery is busy on nice weather weekends and parking is limited, please carpool, bus or walk! We've improved parking options by adding offsite Argo parking on busy summer weekends and holidays at the Argo Livery.
- No reservations except for groups of 15 or more can make weekday reservations by calling the Gallup Livery office at 734.794.6240.
- All boaters are required to sign a Risk Waiver. A parent or guardian must sign for children younger than 16 years old.
- Maximum cooler size allowed is 12" x 12" x 12".
- Only ONE cooler per boat, Styrofoam coolers are not permitted.
- No alcohol, no glass bottles.
- Lifejackets are required and provided. We have all sizes from child's small to adult XL.
- Children under the age of 1 year are not permitted in our watercraft.
- Minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or older).
- Canoes maximum 3 people (4 people allowed if you have 2 children with combined weight of less than 100 lbs.).
- One person in your group is required to fill out a rental agreement and leave a deposit (either car keys or driver's license) for the rented boats.
- We accept all credit cards, cash or checks as payment.
- Dogs are welcome!
- Swimming, diving and jumping from watercraft are prohibited.
- Valuables or personal belongings that you do not want to get wet or lost should not be taken on the river or should be enclosed in a water tight container. For your convenience, we sell dry bags/containers and have lockers on site.
- Concessions and river related items for sale are: hot and cold beverages, chips, candy, water shoes, dry bags/containers, hats, t-shirts, sunglasses, eye glass cords, sunscreen, stickers, nets, fishing poles, worms, trail maps and more.
- Late fee: The City will charge double the rental rate per watercraft for equipment that is not returned to the livery by closing time.
Huron River Water Trail
Huron River Water Trail is a 104-mile (167 km) inland paddling trail connecting people to the river's natural environment, its history and the communities it touches in Michigan. The Huron River Water Trail is a project of the Huron River Watershed Council and RiverUp! and is recognized as a National Water Trail Check out canoe art, improved portages, added landings and river signs on Ann Arbor's section of the river. Paddle the Huron River!
Group Boat Rentals
Bring your family, friends, work or school groups out boating on the Huron River! Groups may also rent a picnic shelter or indoor room to combine a paddle trip with a party or picnic. Call the Gallup Livery at 734.794.6240 for details.
- Group boat reservations are available on weekdays only and for groups of
15 or more people. No discount fees for group boat rentals.
- If your group is less than 15 people, just come in and we can accommodate you on all but the busiest of days for we have hundreds of boats.
School Group River Trips and Programs
We can work with you to provide a river experience that best fits your class for an unforgettable outdoor exploration in boats on the Huron River. Available are canoes (3 people maximum), 2-person kayaks, 1-person kayaks, kayaks for kids, 5-person rafts, paddles, lifejackets, boating instructions, and staff to help with or lead your river adventure. Join us for fun river education and recreation!
Argo & Gallup Park River Programs
Register for a program in 2019.
We offer many fun river events and programs such as river preschool programs, night paddles, river day camps and much more.