The following changes have been made to the Residential Parking Permit Program effective July 1, 2020:
- The new permit fee will be $62 each
- The new permit year for all parking districts will run from September 1 - August 31 each year.
- Each resident of a district is eligible to receive up to two parking permits per vehicle. One fixed permit and one visitor hangtag. A maximum of five (5) permits will be issued per household regardless of the actual number of residents or vehicles registered at the household. Fraternities, sororities and group housing are eligible for a maximum of ten (10) permits for that household.
- Permit sales for the 2020-2021 permit year will begin August 17, 2020
- Northside district is exempt from these changes
RPPs were designated primarily for residential areas
where there is a scarcity of convenient off-street parking for residents, where
the majority of legal on-street parking spaces are utilized by commuters and
non-residents, and where residents are experiencing traffic, noise, and safety
The RPP seeks to alleviate a common set of problems
found in cities with residential neighborhoods close to non-residential
developments such as offices, stores, hospitals, restaurants, schools, and
major transit routes.
The Residential Parking Permit
(RPP) program allows vehicles owned by residents to park in a RPP
neighborhood for the posted time limit without being ticketed. If your
neighborhood is participating in a RPP Program, you will need to acquire
and display a RPP decal for every vehicle that will park on neighborhood
streets during the specified enforcement period.
RPP Application Requirements
Residential Parking Permits will only be issued to applicants living in the affected area. You must show proof that residency has been established by providing a copy of:
Valid driver’s license
Valid motor vehicle registration showing the vehicle is registered in your name (applicant, spouse or licensed dependent living at the address -- if last names differ, also provide a copy of birth certificate, marriage license or other official document supporting request); AND
One of the following (if address is not on Driver's License):
Current utility bill containing the appropriate name and address.
Rent or lease agreement containing the appropriate name and address.
Notarized declaration of residency by the owner or manager of a rental property.
Applications may be submitted either through the mail or taken in person to the city's customer service center, first floor, Larcom City Hall, 301 E. Huron St. Fees are $62 per permit (Northside permits exempted). Permits are valid each year from Sept 1 - Aug 31 (Northside permits are valid April 1 - October 31 each year). Permit prices are not prorated. Replacement permits are $37 when returning a previous fixed permit (or pieces including the permit number) within the same permit year.
To check if your address is eligible to participate in the Residential Parking Program, please visit our interactive map.
If you have additional questions or would like an application mailed to you, please call 734.794.6320 or email
Back to the general