One great way to start your sustainability journey is by undertaking an energy audit of your business. An energy audit will help identify energy and water saving opportunities for your business, which will save money and improve your indoor air quality, comfort, and safety. Below are ideas for how to move forward with getting an energy audit for your business:
- Join the 2030 District and receive a discounted energy audit.
- Sign up for a Business Energy Consultation with DTE Energy.
- Hire a private contractor to conduct a detailed energy audit of your facility.
Once you receive the results from your audit, start implementing actions to save money. And don't forget to check out energy incentives
available as you move forward implementation.
The Ann Arbor 2030 District is a private/public partnership working to reduce existing building energy consumption, water use and transportation emissions 50% by 2030.
By establishing the economic case for these reductions, the Ann Arbor 2030 District helps property owners increase asset value, reduce operating costs and create a healthier community.
- Property Owners, Managers and Developers and Tenants
- Professional Stakeholders
- Community Stakeholders
Membership in Ann Arbor's 2030 District involves a multi-disciplinary collaborative effort to meet the District goals.
Ann Arbor's 2030 District GOALS
Existing Buildings & Infrastructure Operations
- Energy Use: 50% reduction by 2030
- Water Use: 50% reduction by 2030
- Transportation CO2e: 50% reduction by 2030
New Buildings, Major Renovations, & New Infrastructure
- Energy Use: carbon neutral by 2030
- Water Use: immediate 50% reduction
- Transportation CO2e: immediate 50% reduction