Gallup Canoe & Kayak
We are hiring!
Jobs available are day camp staff and livery van drivers. For more details and to apply Jobs.
River trips are currently CLOSED due to COVID distancing and high water. We will update weekly. Paddling in 2-mile Gallup Pond is open every day, weather dependent beginning April 17, 2021.
- Reservations are required for all boat rentals prior to the day.
- Call the Gallup Livery for day of reservations and if there is space we can make your reservation over the phone.
- Pond paddles in 2.5-mile Gallup Pond available every day.
- Boats available to rent are canoes, kayaks, kid kayaks, paddleboats, and rafts.
- Gallup Livery opens April 17 and will be open for boat reservations every day weather dependent.
- Argo Livery opens May 1 and will be open weekends only in May. Go to Gallup Canoe Livery when Argo is closed in the spring.
Gallup Park Livery - Kayak, Canoe and Paddleboat Rentals
Stillwater Paddles - 2.5 miles, 2 hours Gallup Pond (no current) - OPENS for the season on April 17
Concessions - waterproof bags, sunscreen, sunglasses, t-shirts, hats, eyeglass cords, coffee, ice cream, snacks and drinks
Argo Canoe & Kayak
Argo Park Livery is our other location in Ann Arbor offering kayak, canoe, raft and SUP rentals 3.7 miles upstream from Gallup.
River Programs & Camps
2021 spring/summer River Programs descriptions and how to register. The Argo and Gallup Livery offer river day camps, preschool programs, kayak and SUP instruction, Huron River Day, and much more. Register for summer programs beginning March 15.
Accessible Paddlesports in Gallup Park
The Gallup location offers an accessible boat launch that provides universal accessibility, it is simple and safe to use, so that people of all abilities can find boarding, launching and recovery a breeze. Accessible parking, pathways, EZ Launch dock and a fishing dock provides river recreation for everyone. View ourAccessibleKayaking brochure.
Gallup Park includes a 3.25-mile asphalt trail, fishing, public boat launch, playgrounds, picnic areas and pavilions, nature areas, and an indoor room available for rent. Gallup Park Livery also features WiFi, ice cream, coffee and concessions with a patio overlooking the river.
Gallup Park Riverview Room Rental
We are now accepting room reservations for rental dates starting April 1. Available all year! Features include windows and patio overlooking the Huron River, kitchenette, accessible restroom, and WiFi. Rental fees: resident $40/hour; nonresident $50/hour. Call 734.794.6240 for more information or to reserve the room. Additional Parks and Recreation room rental information or picnic pavilion rental information.
Due to the pandemic the following restrictions are in effect until April 19:
- Gathering size indoors in the Gallup Room is 12 people or less. Smaller numbers are encouraged to ensure social distancing.
- Any eating must be done while seated in an area and no intermingling.
- Room may only be rented for structured classes, meetings or presentations. No social gatherings such as parties, receptions or other gatherings social in nature where intermingling is the norm.
- We encourage social type gatherings to rent outdoor shelters and pavilions until the MDHHS Order allows for more social interaction indoors.
- Groups are require to provide a plan of how they will manage social distancing, mask mandates and other COVID precautions.
- Any group not adhering to these measures can have their event shut down immediately and will lose their future recurring rentals.
- All users must self-screen day of event.
Meeting Room rentals after April 19:
- Individuals or groups looking to reserve rooms after April 19th may do so, but reservations should reflect the current order and its restrictions.
- All events must adhere to MDHHS orders in place at the time of the rental. If restrictions change prior to your event, you may increase the number of attendees or type of event.