Gallup & Argo Canoe Liveries Closed for the Season
UPDATED: 9/9/20 - Beginning Monday, Sept. 7, 2020, City of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Argo and Gallup canoe liveries will be closed for the season. The closure is due to COVID-19 positive test results of an employee at the liveries who was working while pre-symptomatic on Sept. 5 and Sept. 6.
All employees have been required to follow proper safety protocols, which include wearing masks indoors and outdoors and physical distancing. The city has not identified any instance of this person having close contact with the public.
If you visited the Argo or Gallup canoe liveries Sept. 5 or Sept. 6, please self-monitor for any COVID-19 symptoms and seek advice from your medial professional if you have symptoms or concerns. COVID-19-related questions may also be directed to the Washtenaw County Health Department (https://www.washtenaw.org/3095/COVID-19) at Lfirstname.lastname@example.org or 734.544.6700; please leave a message. Voicemail messages are checked several times each weekday, and calls will be returned within 24 hours or sooner.
Gallup Canoe & Kayak
Offers one-person kayaks, two-person kayaks, kid kayaks, canoes and paddleboat rentals on the Huron River in Ann Arbor. This award-winning park includes a 3.25-mile asphalt trail, fishing, public boat launch, playgrounds, picnic areas, pavilions, and an indoor meeting room. The Gallup Park Livery also features Wi-Fi and concessions with riverside seating.
Stillwater Paddles 2 miles (no current)
Schedule - Closed
- $15/1-person kayak, 2-hours
- $20/2-person kayak and 3-person canoe, 2-hours
- $12/3-person paddleboat, 1-hour
- $18/4-person paddleboat, 1-hour
Schedule - Closed
- $27/2-person kayak
- $21/1-person kayak
- $27/2-person canoe, (3-person if children)
- $72/5-person raft (6-person if children)
Accessible Paddlesports in Gallup Park
The Gallup location offers an accessible boat launch that provides universal accessibility, it is simple and safe to use, so that people of all abilities can find boarding, launching and recovery a breeze. Accessible parking, pathways, EZ Launch dock and a fishing dock provides river recreation for everyone. View ourAccessibleKayaking brochure.
- The Argo Livery did not rent tubes in 2020.
- Is our other location and is located 3.7 miles upstream from Gallup.
- Argo offers our 1.5 hour, 3.7 mile Argo to Gallup river trip.
- Argo offers kayak, canoe and stand-up paddleboard rentals for stillwater paddling on 2-mile Argo Pond.
- River Camps and Preschool River Kids for summer fun on the river.
- Kayak & SUP instruction, Huron River Day, Night Paddles and more river programs are offered each year.
- Register for a program or a boat rental.
Gallup Park (PDF) includes a 3.25-mile asphalt trail, fishing, public boat launch, playgrounds, picnic areas and pavilions, nature areas, and an indoor room available for rent. Gallup Park Canoe & Kayak also features WiFi, ice cream, coffee and concessions with a patio overlooking the river
Gallup Park Riverview Room Rental - Currently not available to rent due to the pandemic.
Rent the picturesque indoor meeting room for your next meeting or party. Available all year! Features include windows and patio overlooking the Huron River, seating for up to 40 people, kitchenette, accessible restroom, and WiFi. Rental fees: resident $40/hour; nonresident $50/hour. Call 734.794.6240 for more information or to reserve the room. Additional Parks and Recreation room rental information .