Paddle a boat down the Huron River or in Gallup Pond at the Gallup Canoe Livery
Argo to Gallup River Trip - 3.7 miles, 1.5 hours - Reservations required
In the fall the river trip starts at the Gallup Livery September 9 to October 24 weather dependent. We drive you upriver to drop you off above or below the Argo Cascades and you paddle kayaks down the Argo Cascade rapids, or bypass the rapids in canoes, and on down the beautiful Huron River back to Gallup Park.
- September 9-October 24: starts at the Gallup Livery
- Weekends every half hour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays on the hour every hour from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Not available Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- $30/2-person kayak
- $24/1-person kayak
- $30/2-person canoe, (3-person if children)
Stillwater paddle on 2.5-Mile Gallup Pond (no current) - No reservations
Paddle a boat on this beautiful section of the Huron River where the river is a calm lake. No reservations for we always have boats available to rent.
- Boat rentals anytime between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekends and 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays (we close at 7 p.m.)
- Boat rental fees:
- $22/canoe or double kayak, 2-hour rental
- $17/single kayak, 2-hour rental
- $10/kid kayak, 2-hour rental
- $14/3-person paddleboat, 1-hour rental
- $20/4-person paddleboat, 1-hour rental
Boats, Boats, Boats
Reservations Required for the 3.7-Mile River Trip
Reservation time slots are required for the river trips
- Prior to day of reserve online.
- On the day of you can call in to check if times are available. Weekdays there is usually plenty of times available.
- You are reserving a time slot for your group of up to 7 people and you select and rent your boats when you arrive at the livery.
- We have 100's of one and two person kayaks available to rent!
Gallup Livery and Gallup Park
Argo Canoe & Kayak
Argo Park Livery is our other location in Ann Arbor offering kayak, canoe, raft and SUP rentals 3.7 miles upstream from Gallup. The Argo location is closed in the fall and all boat rentals and river trips are based out of the Gallup Livery location.
Accessible Paddlesports in Gallup Park
The Gallup location offers an accessible boat launch that provides universal accessibility, it is simple and safe to use, so that people of all abilities can find boarding, launching and recovery a breeze. Accessible parking, pathways, EZ Launch dock and a fishing dock provides river recreation for everyone. View ourAccessibleKayaking brochure.
River Programs & Camps
Trick or Treat Paddle 2021 is cancelled. Unfortunately, after evaluating staff availability and operational capacities, we have decided to cancel the Trick Or Treat paddle normally held at Gallup Park. Staff look forward to hopefully hosting this event in 2022.
2021 spring/summer River Programs descriptions and how to register. The Argo and Gallup Livery offer river day camps, preschool programs, kayak and SUP instruction, senior kayaks, adapted kayaking and much more. Register for summer programs.
Gallup Park Riverview Room Rental
Gallup Park Riverview Room reservations are available year around. Features include windows and patio overlooking the Huron River, kitchenette, accessible restroom, and WiFi. Face masks must be worn indoors. Rental fees: resident $50/hour; nonresident $60/hour. Additional Parks and Recreation room rental information or picnic pavilion rental information. Call Gallup Livery 734.794.6240 to rent the Gallup Room.