The following road and/or lane closures are planned in the City of Ann Arbor due to a community event or a scheduled construction project. Please see the details below, and plan your commute accordingly.
Click here for a map of road and/or lane closures in Ann Arbor.
* * * * *
* * * * *
Sunday, March 9, 2014, 8-11 a.m. Shamrocks and Shenanigans 5K. The course and road closures are as follows:
- S. Main from Washington to Stadium Blvd.
- Washington between S. First and Main Street
- S. First between W. Washington and East William
- East William between S. First and Main Street
- S. Ashley between William and West Jefferson
- West Jefferson between S. Ashley and S. Main Street
Sunday, March 30, 2014, 6:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Ann Arbor Marathon Event. The course and road closures are as follows (visit Ann Arbor Marathon website for an online map
- Eastern Northbound lane of Main St. from Stadium to Liberty
- S. Main St. between William and Liberty
- E. Liberty from S. Main to S. State
- S. State From Monroe to E. Liberty
- E. William from S. Main to S. State
- Southern/Eastbound lane of N. University from State to the pedestrian bridge
- Observatory from Washington Heights to Geddes
- Northern/Westbound lanes of Geddes from Observatory to Huron Parkway
- Northbound lanes of Huron Parkway between Geddes and E. Huron River Drive
- E. Huron River Drive from S. Huron Parkway to Dixboro Road
- Southbound lane of Old Dixboro Road from Dixboro to Gallup Park
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Road from Gallup Park entrance to Fuller Court
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Court between Gallup Park and E. Medical Center Drive
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Road from Fuller Court to E. Medical Center Drive
- Westbound lane of E. Medical Center Drive from Fuller Road to Washington Heights
- Washington Heights between E. Medical Center Drive and Observatory
- S. University Avenue between E. University and Tappan
- Tappan between S. University and Monroe
Friday, April 4, 2014, Noon-midnight. The following streets will be closed for Festifool/FoolMoon special event:
- West Washington from South Main Street to South First Street
- South Ashley from Liberty to just beyond Washington before the parking lot entrance.
Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3-6 p.m. The follow streets will be closed for the FestifFools Parade:
- S. Main Street from William Street to Washington Street
- Liberty Street from South Ashley Street to South Fourth Avenue
Sunday, April 6, 2014, 6-11 a.m. University of Michigan Big House 5K. The course and road closures are as follows:
- State Street from near the Stadium Bridge to North University
- Monroe Street from State to Tappan
- Tappan from Monroe Street to South University
- South University from State to East University
- East University from South University to Fletcher
- North University from State Street to the Bus Shelters
- Fletcher Street from North University to East Washington Street
- Thayer from East Washington to North University
- Hoover from State Street to Greene and Keech (finish line located in Michigan Stadium)
City of Ann Arbor Construction and Traffic Controls
Temporary Traffic Control Plan to be in place for Southbound Thompson Street from Jefferson to Packard Monday, March 3, 2014 - May 31, 2015. The University of Michigan will be performing utility work in the roadway for the construction of the Munger Graduate Housing project. This will include excavation in the roadway and sidewalk. The roadway will be completely closed to southbound traffic between Richard Kennedy Drive and Madison Street. Southbound traffic will be detoured at Jefferson westbound to Fifth Avenue, southbound to Packard Street and south-east bound back to Thompson Street. Northbound traffic will be maintained and pedestrian traffic will be detoured around the construction area. The roadway is tentatively scheduled to reopen to traffic by May 31, 2015. Please see the detour map (PDF) for alternative routes.
Temporary Traffic Control Plan to be in place for E. Madison from Thompson to S. State Street Monday, March 10, 2014 - Tuesday, May 6, 2014. The University of Michigan will be performing utility work in the roadway for the construction of the Munger Graduate Housing project which will include excavation in the roadway and sidewalk. The roadway will be completely closed to all traffic between Thompson Street and S. State Street. Eastbound traffic will be detoured at Hill Street westbound to northbound Division and back to Madison. Westbound Madison will be detoured S. State Street to westbound William Street to S. Fifth Ave and back to Madison. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured around the construction area. Please see the detour map (PDF) for alternative routes.
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT)
(Unless otherwise noted, special events listed are not sponsored or endorsed by the City of Ann Arbor.)