Due to significant tree damage and felled branches from the March 8, 2017, wind storm, the City of Ann Arbor will conduct limited branch collection service beginning on Monday, March 20. To take advantage of this special service, residents must:
- Place branches on extensions or side of street no later than 8 a.m. on March 20.
- Only put out branches at least 3 inches in diameter larger than 5-feet long and free of nails, spikes or metal.
- Lay out branches facing the same direction.
- Leave branches out until 3 p.m. on Thursday, March 23.
Residents are also advised that:
- No other compost will be picked up with this service, including compost carts or bags.
- No trunks, logs or stumps with roots (rootballs).
- Crews will not return if material is not out by 8 a.m. on March 20, even if requested.
- Leaving branches in the street or in bike lanes is a safety hazard and not allowed.
Branch pickup will be completed by Thursday, March 23, 2017. Regular curbside compost collection will begin, as scheduled, on Monday, April 3, 2017. For more information on Ann Arbor's compost program, please visit a2gov.org/compost.
Carts can be placed on the street, unless street is busy or has bike lane, then place on the extension.
Cart handles face a way from the street.
Put carts out the night before your scheduled pick up day.
Carts must be 3 feet apart, lids fully closed and without any trash or debris on top or around them (trash outside the cart will not be picked up).
Carts should be brought in by noon the following day.
In winter, keep carts free of snow, unburied from snow banks, clear of ice and accessible to collection trucks.
Never place carts on snow banks, instead shovel out a spot on the road or extension so the cart can sit level.
Curbside collection service for persons with disabilities
Side door or porch set-out service is provided by the city or its authorized contractor to citizens who are physically unable to place their refuse or recycling containers at curbside and are unable to make other arrangements to do so. Special pickup service is subject to approval by the city following an on-site interview and must be renewed every two years. To arrange an interview, call the city's Customer Service Center Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. at 734.794.6320.