Due to the success of the pilot program, we have reached participant capacity. Please complete the INITIAL SCREENING to be placed on a waitlist for the Aging in Place Efficiently program, and you will be contacted if the program is expanded.
Aging in Place Efficiently partners with qualified older adults to help them remain in their homes for as long as possible. Improvements focus on three areas: comfort, lower energy bills, and home safety.
The home improvements offered will depend on the needs of each homeowner. A licensed energy auditor, an occupational therapist, and a social worker will help determine the best options for your home within the available budget.
Examples of potential home improvements include:
- insulation in walls and attics
- appliance upgrades
- grab bars in bathrooms
- handrails and ramps
- improved lighting
To qualify for this pilot program, you must:
- own a single-family home within the city of Ann Arbor that is your primary residence (not sure? use the City Address Search to determine eligibility)
- be at least 60 years of age at the time of application
- not have assets in excess of $50,000 (note: your primary residence and any saved retirement funds are not included in asset calculation)
- have a monthly income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income for Ann Arbor (not sure? use the table below to determine eligibility)
Due to the success of the pilot program, we have reached participant capacity. Please complete the initial screening
to be placed on a waitlist for the Aging in Place Efficiently program, and you will be contacted if the program is expanded.
Not eligible? You can find tips on how to improve the energy efficiency of you home, as well as information on how to get a home energy assessment, on our Sustainability at Home
Funding and Support
This program is free thanks to funding from the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation and Partners for Places.
Click on a partner logo below to be directed to their website for more information.
For assistance or to request completion of the eligibility screening by phone, please contact Kora Dreffs at 734.794.6000 x43738 or [email protected]