Rental Housing

Rental Housing Services

Skip Navigation LinksHome » Departments » Building, Rental and Inspection Services » Rental Housing

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Welcome to the City of Ann Arbor Rental Housing Services Web page!  Our office inspects all residential rental units in accordance with the Housing Code: Chapter 105.  Please use the navigation to the left for additional information. 

Please click here for important COVID-19 Updates.

The function of Rental Housing Services is:

1. To protect the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of the City of Ann Arbor;

2. To protect a diverse housing stock from deterioration; and

3. To accomplish all of the above at the lowest possible housing cost to owners and renters while ​​maintaining code compliance.​

Rental Housing Services is a bridge between owner/agents/management companies and tenants.  Our office conducts inspections on all rental units within the City of Ann Arbor every 30 months and issue a Certificate of Compliance to each property that passes inspection.  

Hard copies of Certificates of Compliance, Inspection Notices and Inspection Reports are only available through eTRAKiT.  (Instructions for accessing eTRAKiT are found on the left side of this page.)  It is particularly important that Property Registrations are updated with current and accurate email addresses.  

Rental Housing Inspectors

Rental Housing inspectors may be reached by phone Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.

Brandon Boggs, 734.395.8264 (cell)

Pete Held, 734.649-3309 (cell)

Art Cartes

Jeff Malone


Useful Links ​​


Updated: 10/4/21

Envelope image 

Rental Housing Contact:

Phone: 734.794.6264 

[email protected]

Fax: 734.994.8460​

301 E. Huron Street
Larcom City Hall
First Floor

Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM


Building and Rental Services Manager: Lisha Turner-Tolbert 734.794.6000 x42669 ​[email protected]


For scheduling needs and general information, please contact an
Administrative Specialist for Rental Services:

Brandi Lewis
734.794.6000 x42504​[email protected]​​