A2ZERO Turns One
June 1st, 2021 marks the 1-year anniversary of the City's plan to achieve a just transition to community-wide carbon neutrality, known as A2ZERO.
To commemorate this event, we have organized a week-long (June 1- June 6) series of decentralized, distributed, and family fun-events to learn more, get involved, and have fun as we work collectively to achieve a more just and sustainable future. More details about events can be found below.
A2ZERO Week Calendar
With over 20 events spanning 6 days, there are countless ways you can get involved in A2ZERO week.
- Green Fare - A celebration of local, sustainable, and plant-based food. Similar to Restaurant Week, this week-long celebration provides an opportunity to support local businesses that are committed to offering sustainable cuisine.
- A2ZERO Scavenger Hunt - Join us in this fun new game that helps "daylight" many of the sustainability activities underway in our community. Not only will you learn, but you can win prizes for playing.
Tuesday, June 1st
- 8:00am: A2ZERO Week Opening Meditation with Mindful City Ann Arbor (details coming soon)
- 12:00pm: Launch of A2ZERO Year 1 Design Competition. Learn more and submit your idea here.
- 3:00pm: Unveiling of A2ZERO Mural at Huron Parkway. Watch live on CTN.
- 7:00pm: Carbon Pricing Panel with the Citizens’ Climate
Lobby. RSVP here.
Wednesday, June 2nd
- 7:00am A2ZERO at the Farmers Market
- 1:00pm Educational event with Ann Arbor Hands on Museum (details coming soon)
- 3:00pm Make an Emergency Plan: Win an Emergency Kit (details coming soon)
- 6:00pm A2ZERO Awards Night. Watch live on CTN.
Thursday, June 3rd
- 10:00am Joint event with Ann Arbor District Library (details coming soon)
- 7:00pm Launch of Ann Arbor Solar Stories. Come hear your neighbors and peers present about what brought them to solar and how it is going for them, and have a chance to ask lots of questions. Join here.
Friday, June 4th
- 12:00pm Reflecting on A2ZERO Week Meditation Session with Mindful City Ann Arbor (details coming soon)
- 6:00pm Meet your Ambassadors and Ice Cream in the Park (details coming soon)
Saturday, June 5th
- 8:00am A2ZERO at the Farmer's Market
- 10:00am Bike Repair Clinic with Common Cycle
- 4:00pm Green Michigan Symposium - hosted by the Freeman Environmental Youth Council
- 5:00pm A2ZERO Drink Unveiling at Ann Arbor Distilling Company
Sunday, June 6th
- All Day - Day of Service (details coming soon)
Want to Collaborate on an Event
Do you have an event you'd like to collaborate with the Office of Sustainability and Innovations on? If yes, contact Missy Stults
to share your idea.
A2ZERO: An Overview
Unanimously adopted by Ann Arbor City Council on June 1, 2020, A2ZERO is the City's commitment, plan, and associated programs to achieve a just tranistion to community-wide carbon neutrality by 2030. Find out more about the plan and ways you can get involved here.
Get Sustainability Updates
Stay up to date and get more involved by signing up for Sustainability and Climate Action Updates here.