header image
Skip Navigation LinksHome » Departments » Fire Department » Permits



Emergency line:


Non-emergency dispatch:


General information:


​​​​​Permit applications can be emailed or faxed to the address or number on the application. ​Do not send in payment with your application. Once your permit is approved, then you will be invoiced.

Bonfire P​​​ermit

Bonfire Permit Applicatio​n (PDF)​

Bonfire permit fee: $50

A bonfire permit is required when a resident or organization would like to have a fire on the ground that is larger than 3 x 3 feet in size. Anything​ smaller is considered a recreation fire and a permit is not required. Bonfires shall not exceed 5 x 5 feet in size and shall not be​ within 50 feet of a structure or materials that burn easily. Fires may not be lit under conditions which may cause the fire to spread within 50 feet of a structure. 

Prescriptio​n Burn Permit

Prescription Burn Application (PDF) ​

Commercial prescription burn permit fee: $150
Residential prescription burn permit fee: $50

A map of the area to be burned is required with permit applications. 

Fireworks ​Sales Per​mit​

FAQ - Fireworks Safety Act of 2011 (PDF)​

This is currently managed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. 

Tent Permits - Bui​​lding Department