July 2, 2019 - This year, the Ann Arbor Farmers Market is turning 100 years old! There are some great events planned for the community all season long. Here's what to look forward to in July:
Wednesday, July 3
- Market Kids, Come Play! 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — Kids and their adults can come play with the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and the Leslie Science & Nature Center educators during the Wednesday Market on July 3, Aug. 7, Sept. 4 and Oct. 2. This “Unity in Learning" series will provide an opportunity for market kids to enjoy fun, hands-on discovery and exploration of the natural world.
- Food Truck Rally 5–8 p.m. — Every first Wednesday of the month (May-October), AAFM hosts over a dozen food trucks serving up delicious, ready-to-eat foods. New this year, Bloom Meadery will be serving their dry, sparkling, session meads and ciders made with Michigan ingredients. Enjoy live music by Drew De Four.
- Flicks on Bricks A2 Outdoor Movie Series — Stay to enjoy circus performers and watch the classic, Casablanca, on the big outdoor movie screen at dusk thanks to Flicks on Bricks A2 sponsors Exchange Capital and Cinetopia Film Series.
Saturday, July 6, 20 and 27
- Market Kids, Come Play! 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — Come experience magic at the AAFM with Alexander the Magician! Alexander is an award-winning, expert entertainer with over 20 years of experience in challenging the metaphysical for the amusement of others. Show times: 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon.
Saturday, July 13
- Market Kids, Come Play! 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — Join the staff of the U of M Natural History Museum as they transform hearts and minds by promoting an understanding of the natural world and our place in it.
Wednesday, July 17
- Guest chef cooking demo 11 a.m.-1 p.m. — Chef Bob Bennett of Zingerman's Roadhouse will be on site for a cooking demonstration featuring seasonal ingredients from market vendors. Free tastings!
Wednesday, July 24
- Market Kids, Come Play! 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — The Ann Arbor District Library will be providing fun for market kids with a 3-D pen experimentation, button and pompom making and more.
The Ann Arbor Farmers Market brings farm-fresh produce to the community every week of the year. The gathering place for more than 130 local businesses, the producer-only market offers native plants, artisanal yogurt, cheese and baked goods, fresh-picked vegetables, slow-roasted coffee beans, fermented sauerkraut and Sriracha, cut flowers, hardwood cutting boards and planters, premier Michigan fruits and nuts, maple syrup and so much more. Come join the fun! Event details can be found on the AAFK website, www.a2gov.org/market, and on Facebook and Instagram @A2Market.
# # # # #
Ann Arbor Farmers Market Manager
Ann Arbor has 119,000 residents, spans 28.9 square miles and is frequently recognized as a foremost place to live, learn, work, thrive and visit.
To keep up with City of Ann Arbor information, subscribe for email updates, follow us on Twitter
or become a city fan on Facebook.
The city's mission is to deliver exceptional services that sustain and enhance a vibrant, safe and diverse community.