*Improvements and work completed or scheduled as of August, 2018.
Tier 1 work - signs & pavement markings.
- Reduced Speed School Zones have been installed at all the identified locations.
- Pavement marking refreshing is complete, and will be ongoing in future years as part of the City's Pavement Marking Maintenance Program.
- Updating signage is now complete.
Tier 2 work - capital improvements adjacent to the AAPS-identified priority areas (High Schools & Middle Schools).
- Community High: Bump outs on Division; gateway treatments on Division at Fifth
- Huron High: RRFB installation at Gallup Park ; extension of sidewalk along south side of Fuller and relocation of Gallup Park crossing (project is scheduled for summer of 2019)
- Pathways to Success: RRFB installation; gateway treatment on Packard
- Pioneer High: RRFB on Seventh Street
- Forsythe/Wines: Gateway treatment @ Newport & Red Oak
- Clague: Gateway treatments on Nixon
- Scarlett/Mitchell: Gateway treatment on Lorraine; ADA ramps
- Slauson: Crosswalk improvements at Crest / Buena Vista, Crest / Washington, Eighth / Washington, Ninth / Washington, and S Seventh / Washington are being done with the Crest, Buena Vista, Washington Water Main Project in the summer of 2018
- A list of priority items identified by the A2 Safe Transit group was shared with the Transportation Safety Committee (TSC). Staff prepared a plan of implementation of those items for FY 2018 and 2019
- Tappan: Sidewalk repair on Stadium – AAPS has replaced the deteriorated asphalt sidewalk along Stadium with a new concrete sidewalk.
- Scio Church: The City and AAPS added Sidewalk along the north side of Scio Church Road adjacent to the Pioneer High School Property in conjunction with the current resurfacing project underway. This is an expense of AAPS, but is being constructed as part of the City's project.
Tier 3 work - Work includes infrastructure improvement identified from the surveys conducted by A2 Safe Transport. Work listed below is completed unless shown otherwise.
Bach Elementary School: Bump-outs and pavement markings at Pauline & Fifth
Clague Middle School:
Community High School: New 25mph sign on Division at Huron
Dicken Elementary school:
Warwick & Waltham bump-outs and pavement markings – summer 2019
Wimpole & Runnymede bump-out and pavement markings – summer 2019
1480 Dicken Mid-Block Crossing; ADA Ramps and pavement markings – summer 2019
Lakewood Elementary School
Gralake near School entrance Mid-Block Crossing; ADA Ramps and pavement markings – summer 2019
Gralake & Sunnywood; evaluate request for 4-way stop – fall 2018
Mason & Sunnywood; evaluate request for 4-way stop – fall 2018
Mason & Lakewood; evaluate sight distance issue – fall 2018
Lawton Elementary School:
Pattengill Elementary School: Crestland & Carhart crosswalk improvements
Thurston Elementary School:
Prairie & Aurora bump-outs and pavement markings
Prairie & Renfrew bump-outs and pavement markings
Bluett & Antietam crosswalk and pavement markings –Public Meeting Held August 2018
Tier 4 work - This work will consist of on-going work requested by schools, or by citizens for work related to school safety. Work near Ann Arbor Public Schools (AAPS) will be vetted through the Transportation Safety Committee.