The Energy Commission is scheduled to meet monthly at 6pm on the second Tuesday of https://ctnvideo.a2gov.org/CablecastPublicSite/?channel=1each month. View the
Energy Commission's calendar for current meeting times and locations as well as agendas and meeting minutes.
What Does the Energy Commission Do?
The Energy Commission's charge is to:
- Advise City Council on energy efficiency and renewable energy policies and programs
- Create periodic public reports and recommendations for improving municipal and community energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Prepare, adopt, amend, and transmit to City Council plans identifying municipal and community-based energy efficiency, renewable energy and other production projects
- Research, formulate, and oversee community education programs
- Identify and make recommendations regarding energy project financing options
What is the Energy Commission Working on?
The Energy Commission works on various policies and programs targeted at increasing energy efficiency and renewable energy across the community. The commission's current subcommittees include: the Climate Action Plan, Community Solar, Nuclear, and Sustainable Funding.
In keeping with this mission, in the summer of 2017, the Energy Commission recommended that the City Council consider a
resolution to actively support
federal Carbon Fee and Dividend (CFD) legislation. In August of that year, the City council approved this
resolution. CFD would set a national fee on fossil fuels, thus stimulating investment in renewable energy as the price of fossil fuels rises.
Watch Live & Past Energy Commission Meetings
Recent Energy Commission Reports
in 2016, the Solar Subcommittee of the Energy Commission released a report on how Ann Arbor can become a "Solar Ready Community".
Solar Subcommittee Report to A2 City Council (PDF)
How Do I Serve on the Energy Commission?
If you're interested in serving on the Energy Commission, please submit an application.
Up to date listings of all Commissions can also be viewed on the
City's Legistar System website.