Last year, 1,600 volunteers invested 8,000 hours during 180 events to support our Natural Area Preservation efforts. GIVE 365 is our volunteer gateway to a variety of ways you can meet neighbors, see new parts of the city, and improve the community.
The GIVE 365 Program has year-round volunteer opportunities for almost every interest, schedule, ability and age. Your level of commitment is up to you! As a volunteer, you can sign-up for our one day events, short -term experiences or become a long-term volunteer.
What can you do as a volunteer?
- Lead games and activities for kids
- Help work events, like Huron River Day and Green Fair
- Track down pesky invasive species with the Natural Area Preservation (NAP) staff
- Plant or help prune trees
- Help take care of all our parks
- If working outdoors isn't for you, serve on a city commission
Check for volunteer opportunities on the GIVE 365 Program webpage.
What way cool projects are underway?
Citizen Pruner Program
- Through the Citizen Pruners program, citizens work alongside staff to help prune and maintain the health of the urban forest
- The Adopt-A-Park Program is a collaborative effort between Ann Arbor residents and city government to improve and maintain our parks. Neighbors and community groups volunteer their time to improve their chosen park
Natural Features Inventory
Work with NAP staff to inventory salamanders, frogs and toads, and breeding birds each year