The City of Ann Arbor is hosting the annual Mayor's Green Fair on Main Street on Friday, June 14, 2019 from 6–9 p.m. This annual event celebrates our community's environmental leadership as exhibited by citizens, nonprofits, government and businesses. This year's theme is “Envisioning a Sustainable Ann Arbor" and all are welcome to attend Green Fair and share your thoughts on what a sustainable Ann Arbor means to you.
Ann Arbor's downtown Main Street will be closed to through traffic between Huron and William streets, remaining open for pedestrians, Green Fair guests, displays of sustainability information, "green" products, live music and general enjoyment of the urban outdoor environment. Information, entertainment, and hands-on activities for all ages will be provided.
The Green Fair hosts:
- Environmental nonprofit organizations, government agencies and participating businesses that support environmental and sustainability practices.
- Hands-on activities and live birds of prey demonstrations.
- Live music, preformed by The Vicissitudes.
- Exhibitors that will show off innovative energy-saving designs and actions, including displays of alternative fuel vehicles, green building materials, solar energy installations, renewable energy installations and more!
- Green transportation exhibits, sponsored by the getDowntown Program, showcasing a variety of ordinary and innovative sustainable transportation choices — featuring e-bikes and cargo bikes, information about the William Street bikeway, and autonomous vehicles.
The theme for this year's Green Fair is “Envisioning a Sustainable Ann Arbor," and vendors and exhibitors will showcase products and initiatives highlighting Ann Arbor's 16 Sustainability Goals, including sustainable energy, energy conservation, healthy ecosystems, and sustainable transportation.
Green Fair is a zero-waste event so please plan to bring a reusable water bottle.
For more information about Green Fair or to apply to showcase your environmental programs at this year's event, please contact Christine Schopieray (CSchopieray@a2gov.org).
Associated road closures
Between 3 to 11 p.m. ,the following streets will be closed for the event:
- South Main Street from William to Huron
- Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth
- Washington from South Ashley to South Fourth (except for traffic entering or exiting the Washington Street Parking Structure)