Chief Deputy Chiefs Command Staff Community Engagement
Interim Chief of Police Robert Pfannes
Interim Chief Robert Pfannes has been with the AAPD since 1998, when he was hired as a patrol officer. Before coming to the AAPD he served with the Detroit and Garden City police departments. He came with experience in patrol, major crimes, narcotics and patrol supervision. He was promoted to AAPD Sergeant in 2004 and has held various supervisory assignments including road patrol, Communications, Professional Standards and the Detective Section. In 2012 he was promoted to Detective Lieutenant and served as the commander of the Detective Section. Robert was promoted to Deputy Chief in 2016.
Robert has a bachelor's degree in Legal Studies from Madonna University and is a graduate of the EMU School of Police Staff and Command and EMU Basic and Advanced SWAT training. He has taught at the Western Wayne Regional Police Academy for the last 23 years.
The Ann Arbor police command staff is comprised of six lieutenants and eighteen sergeants. Each lieutenant is responsible for a specific section of the department. The sergeants are responsible for the direct supervision of the officers and/or civilian employees.
- Lt. Matt Lige, Detective Section Commander, email@example.com
- Lt. Aimee Metzer, Professional Standards Section Commander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lt. Colleen McCarthy, Patrol Section/Accreditation Section Commander, email@example.com
- Lt. Lyle Sartori, Patrol Section Commander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lt. Mike Scherba, Administrative Services Section Commander, email@example.com
- Sgt. Mauro Cervantes, Administrative Services Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Bill Clock, Special Services Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Jaime Crawford, Administrative Services Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Denny Degrand, Patrol Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Shane Dennis, Patrol Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Michael Dortch, Patrol Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. John Dunlap, Patrol Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. John Elkins, Detective Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Earle Fox, Detective Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Craig Lee, Patrol Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Patrick Maguire, Patrol Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Craig Martin, Detective Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Dawn Murphy, Administrative Services Section firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Mark Pulford, Patrol Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Dave Reid, Patrol Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Trudy Sahr, Patrol Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Travis Strang, Patrol Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sgt. Bonnie Theil, Patrol Section, email@example.com
- Sgt. Andrew Vainner, Patrol Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interaction with residents and businesses is important to the Ann Arbor Police Department to regularly address concerns and to maintain general public safety. In addition to informal or impromptu interactions, AAPD participates in outreach through community presentations and special programs. Ongoing engagement with members of our community helps ensure a safer Ann Arbor for us all. Contact Sgt. Dawn Murphy via email at email@example.com about scheduling AAPD personnel to attend a school, organization or neighborhood function.