Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation is currently filling positions for cashiers, daycamp counselors, golf cart rangers, golf course proshop staff, greenskeepers, canoe livery attendants, GIVE 365 volunteer outreach coordinators, lifeguards, swim instructors and coaches and more! Click here to view and download a PDF flyer
. Enjoy wage increases for all temporary seasonal jobs. Starting salaries are $15.66 for TEMP 1/STEP 1 hires. View jobs and apply at www.a2gov.org/parksjobs
. There will be breakout rooms representing the facilities that have open positions. Jobs at Veterans Memorial Park Pool include lifeguards. Click here to view and download a PDF flyer
Buhr Park Pool 2022
Buhr Park Pool features a six-lane, 25-yard pool with a deep well and a separate zero-depth entry children's wading pool with interactive play toys. We have 39 acres of rolling hills, picnic areas with barbecue grills, a play area, softball diamonds, soccer fields and outdoor tennis courts at our park.
3 and under FREE with a paid adult
Youth ages 4 to 17, $5
Adult ages 18+, $6
Senior ages 60+, $5
This card is good for daily admission for you and your family members. One punch per visit per person. Valid for all open swim and lap swim times. Punch passes are not valid for master's swim times. Passes are only valid for one year at any of our public pools. Punch passes are not eligible for refund.
(10 punches): $40
(25 punches): $100
(50 punches): $187.50
(100 punches) $350
June 13-Sept. 5:
Monday-Friday, 1-8 p.m. and on weekends and holidays from noon-8 p.m.
Note: There are always two lanes dedicated to lap swimmers only.
June 13-Sept. 5:
Adult Lap Swim, noon-1 p.m.;
Tot Splash (currently cancelled due to mechanical issue in tot pool)
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Private Swim Lessons
Individual swim instruction for swimmers ages 3 to adult are private lessons, 30 minutes long, and customized to meet the needs of the swimming participant. Private lessons are for one participant only. Fee: Half hour $15 resident; $18 nonresident. June 27-Aug. 11 on Monday through Thursday, noon-1 p.m.
Group Swim Lessons
Group lessons are offered for children from the age of 6 months up. Class size is limited. Ability requirements must be honored unless prior instructor approval is granted. Registration will be accepted for any instructional swim class at any of the city pools during any public swim time, by phone or online.
Buhr Park Sharks Youth Swim Team
Our swim team provides an introduction to team competitive swimming, basic skill development and a strengthening program for more advanced swimmers. We provide an opportunity to compete in up to six swim meets and an area-wide conference meet through the Washtenaw Interclub Swimming Conference. This team is open to anyone ages 5-17 years old who can swim at least one length of the pool (front crawl). Swimmers with special needs are encouraged to join. Practices are held Monday-Friday in the mornings. This team is a fun way to get into competitive swimming. Meets are held Saturday mornings. The fee for the swim team is $125, resident; $150, nonresident.
Ages 11-17: 8:30 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
Ages 9-10: 10 a.m.-11 a.m
Ages 8 & under: 11:15 a.m.-noon
The City of Ann Arbor Public Pool Rules
- All swimmers must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Everyone must wear a clean bathing suit with liner to enter the water.
- No running or horseplay.
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- All children under the age of 12 must pass a deep end test in order to swim in the deep end.
- Inflatables are not allowed in the pool (balls are permitted). All flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved.
- Diving is permitted only in the deep end of the pool. No flips, spin jumps, or back dives are allowed.
- No smoking.
- Snorkels, masks, fins, kickboards, and pull buoys are for lap swimming only.
- The City of Ann Arbor is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The wading pool is for children ages 7 and under accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parents and/or guardians must actively supervise their children.
- No glass containers are permitted within the pool area.
- The consumption of alcohol prior to or while visiting the pool is prohibited.
- Persons with infections, a communicable disease, or open skin irritations are not allowed in the pool.
- No spitting or otherwise polluting the pool.
- No pets are allowed on the pool deck.
- No animals are allowed in the pool.
- All food waste must be disposed of in garbage cans.