City construction and traffic controls
The City of Ann Arbor has partnered with WAZE to provide a better way of learning about traffic controls within the city. To take advantage of this, visit WAZE.com or download the WAZE app.
City of Ann Arbor construction and traffic controls
Westbound Fuller Street at Glen Avenue: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 19. Between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 19, Northbound Glen Avenue traffic will be unable to turn westbound onto Fuller Street. Northbound Fuller Street traffic will be detoured to Maiden Lane, to Broadway Bridge, to Beakes then to North Main Street. Southbound Glen Avenue traffic, which will also not be allowed to travel west on Fuller, will be detoured to East Huron Street then to North Main Street.
Emergency vehicles must follow the detour route (PDF). Pedestrian traffic will not be affected.
Huron Pkwy from Hubbard to Baxter: 9 a.m., Monday Feb. 4-5 p.m. - Tuesday, March 29, 2019 (closure extended). Northbound right lane of Huron Parkway between Hubbard and Baxter will be closed to traffic for electrical work on adjoining property.
Additional congestion is expected due to this project. Drivers should seek alternate routes. In addition, the sidewalk adjacent to the road will also be closed and
pedestrians directed to the other side of Huron Parkway.
(Unless otherwise noted, special events listed are not sponsored or endorsed by the City of Ann Arbor.)
Sunday, April 7, 2019 from 5:30 - 10:30 a.m. the following streets will be closed for the Trail to the Victors 5K (PDF) special event:
- State Street from near the Stadium Bridge to North University
- Monroe Street from State to Tappan
- Tappan from Monroe Street to South University
- South University from State to East University
- East University from South University to Fletcher
- North University from State Street to the Bus Shelters
- Fletcher Street from North University to East Washington Street
- East Washington Street from Fletcher to Thayer
- Thayer from East Washington to North University
- Madison from State to Division
- Division from Madison to Hoover
- Hoover from State Street to Greene and Keech (finish inside the Big House)
Friday, June 14, 2019 from 3 - 11 p.m. the following streets will be closed for the 19th Annual Mayor's Green Fair (PDF) special event:
- South Main Street from William to Huron
- Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth
- Washington from South Ashley to South Fourth (except for traffic entering and exiting the Washington Street parking structure)
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) and Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) projects