Due to its qualification as an Act 51 major street, Granger Avenue from Packard to State Street does not quality for traffic calming measures. However, alternatives have been explored to address concerns about the flow of traffic on this segment of roadway.
- April 3 to April 7, 2017: Speed data collected, with 85th percentile speed of 26 MPH.
- July 27, 2017: First Letter and parking preference post card survey mailed to Granger Ave. residents.
- October 27, 2017: Flyer reminding residents of the Official start of the Pilot Program which shifted parking and placed new pavement markings went into effect on November 27, 2017.
- November 27, 2017: Parking shift went into effect.
- May 31, 2018: Second Letter and feedback post card survey mailed to Granger Ave. residents.
- June 11 to June 14, 2018: Speed data collected, with 85th percentile speed of 25 MPH.
- July 20, 2018: Public Meeting Reminder flyer hand delivered to residence.
- July 25, 2018: Public meeting.
- November 2018: Maintain current lane assignments.
Work to be done
Final design to be
determined as part of the 2020 Resurfacing project.
Possible Impact to residents and/or businesses
- Provide parking adjacent to parcels that have historically not had parking.
- Remove parking adjacent to parcels that have historically had parking.
Costs and funding source
Project files & public outreach