As of Oct 5:
- First asphalt paving layer will be Saturday Oct 8th, 7am to 8pm. Please wait at a minimum 24 hrs before driving on the asphalt. Entrances for stadium service drive will be blocked during paving operations.
- Second paving date will be tentatively Sat Oct 22, 7am to 8pm. Pending weather/progress.
As of Sept 23:
- Approximately 75% of the water main has been installed.
- Approximately one more month left of construction (pending weather, etc).
- Stadium Blvd lane closures will be 9/26 to 10/14. Please see press release in our road closure page. One lane in each direction will remain open. All driveways and business access will remain open.
- Water services on Stadium will be transfered to new main, water shutoff notices are delivered 24 hrs in advance, and will be done as much as possible after hours for businesses.
- First Asphalt Paving will be done first week of October on a Saturday to minimize disruption. Please be on the lookout for notices. Sign up for email updates if prefer that over paper copies.
- Second Asphalt Paving and adjusting of drainage structures will be done 2-3rd week of October.
JWhy is this project being done?
As part of the City's effort to maintain and improve its municipal water distribution system, we will transfer water services on Stadium Service Drive from an existing 6" water main to a new 8" water main. This work will be performed to eliminate the existing 6" water main due to its age and increasing frequency of water main breaks and to improve the water quality. This project is part of the City's budgeted expenditures and will be performed at no direct cost to nearby property owners.
What does this project include?
The work includes installation of a new 8" water main, water distribution system upgrades, repaving the project area (see map below).
Possible Impact to residents and/or businesses
During the design phase of this project, public input will help the project team understand the concerns and interests of adjacent property owners. In some areas, temporary parking restrictions may be in place during construction. The project team will work with individual property owners to minimize impacts to the extent possible.
During the construction phase, Stadium Service Drive will be closed to through traffic:
- Driveway access for local traffic will be maintained.
- Garbage collection and mail delivery will be maintained throughout the project.
- Water service will be maintained during construction, except for brief periods when the new water main is tied in to the existing main, and when services are transferred to the new main. Disruptions will be limited, and residents will be informed in advance.
- General noise and dust from equipment, particularly during site excavation
The project is being paid for through city water system funds.
Documents and resources