Nov. 2, 2018
The water main replacement and road resurfacing work on Pauline Blvd. is complete and the street is open for traffic. The remaining work includes touch up restoration and permanent pavement markings. This will be done with flag people for traffic control, no street closures.
Design: Summer - Fall 2017
Construction Schedule: Spring – September, 2018
Why is this project being done?
The current condition of the pavement on Pauline Blvd. between Stadium and Seventh is in poor condition and in need of replacement. In addition, the existing water main is undersized and requires an upgrade to increase capacity.
Work to be done:
- The existing water main will be replaced with a larger water main to increase capacity.
- The existing pavement will be replaced.
- Bump outs will be installed at Redeemer and Arbordale to improve pedestrian access.
- Some curb, sidewalk and ramps will be replaced.
Possible impact to residents and/or businesses:
- Pauline Blvd. will have temporary traffic control measures implemented during construction with traffic detours posted. Cross street traffic will be maintained as much as possible.
- Water service will be interrupted for short durations during water main installation. Disruptions will be limited.
- General noise and dust generated by excavation of the site and the equipment that must work in the area.
Costs and funding source
Transportation Commission, CIP Committee, September 7, 2017
Public Meeting, October 12, 2017