COMING THIS JUNE
A wholesale buyers guide to shopping at the market
Our Market to Chef Program is intended for wholesale buyers such as chefs, restaurants, and organizations who regularly order large amounts of product. The Ann Arbor Farmers Market is launching a new initiative to make shopping with vendors easier for our chefs and culinary community. With over 120 vendors, you have access to the freshest produce around, and thousands of varieties of products. Whether you are a newby who has never shopped with us, or a veteran market goer, this program is designed to streamline the process of making large wholesale purchases.
Beginning June 2018, the market will offer:
- Weekly emails of updated local product availability lists from each of our participating vendors, including prices. Email Stephanie at email@example.com if you would like to sign up or know more about this service.
- Web page of the product availability lists
- "Chef Hours", Wednesdays and Saturdays 7 am to 9 am, May - December
- A drive in, pickup location and free parking so you can quickly pull in and grab your orders. If ordered ahead of time, your purchases will be waiting for you along with volunteers to assist with loading. Available during Chef Hours. Pickup location will differ depending on the day.
- Carts and dollies for shopping for large amounts of product
- Matching service with a Market Mentor who can guide you through the ins and outs of buying local with our farmers
Day of market logistics including order pickup, borrowing dollies and carts, parking, etc
Place an order with our vendors. Sign up for our weekly email that includes product availability lists and vendor contact and ordering information. Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sign up or know more about this service.
Weekly product availabilty guide, web view
Expectations, including transactions and vendor relationships
Chef Hours: A drive in, pickup location and free parking so you can quickly pull in and grab your orders. If ordered ahead of time, your purchases will be waiting for you along with volunteers to assist with loading. Pickup location will differ depending on the day.
Seasonal produce guide. Lists month by month availability of most products
MI Department of Ag FAQ when buying local
Market Mentors: Be paired with an experienced market wholesale shopper who can answer your questions and guide you through the entire process. Email email@example.com with the subject line Market Mentor and the best way to reach you, and we will be in touch.
For AA Market Vendors
We want to help you, our vendors, strengthen your wholesale relationships and sell more products. This is a free service offered by the market, and participation is optional. We realize many of you already have great relationships with chefs, so this program is offered as an additional avenue for reaching buyers, to complement your current sales practices.
Expectations, including weekly updates to product availability lists
Day of market logistics including order drop off
Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
Develop a personal connection with your farmer or vendor. Know their growing practices and the people behind the product.
Support the local economy and keep food dollars in our community.
Access to the freshest food available.
Unusual and specialty products you can't find anywhere else.
This program makes ordering easy! With over 120 vendors, we can meet your needs so that you can confidently make the switch from Sysco to Local.