Public Notices In the News Staff List
For COVID-19 TESTING
In an effort to slow
the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Ann Arbor Housing Commission is taking
proactive steps to follow MDHHS and county health officials’ recommendations and City of Ann Arbor directives.
As of March 16, 2020 the offices at 727 Miller (Miller Manor), 2000 S. Industrial, 106 Packard (Baker Commons), and 717 N Maple (West Arbor) are closed but staff are working from home and can be reached by email or phone.
- All staff contact information is listed at the bottom of this webpage.
- Please contact our main phone line at 734 794-6720 for all concerns. If you leave a voicemail, staff are responding to voice mail and email from home.
- Documents and rent can be left in our locked drop boxes outside the front door at 2000 S. Industrial and 727 Miller and inside the front door at 106 Packard.
- Tenants at Green-Baxter and Hikone may continue to leave documents in the Community Center.
- Additional outdoor locked boxes are installed at 1504 Broadway, 2724 Hikone, 880 S. Maple (Maple Meadows) and 717 N Maple (West Arbor).
- Annual certifications will still be processed to the best of our abilities. A container of blank forms are located outside the 727 Miller office door for tenants to pick up
- We will not be pulling new names from our waitlist for vouchers or to fill vacant units.
- Applicants who are in process, please contact your case worker.
As of March 20, 2020 HUD has not issued any significant regulatory waivers and therefore we are continuing with all operations, including income certifications, rent payments to landlords and rent collection from tenants.
Please check this website for updates on a regular basis, as it may change quickly.
Tenant Rights: Eviction During COVID-19
Legal Services Tenant Handouts
Reasons for Evictions
IS COVID-19 MAKING IT
HARD TO MAKE ENDS
Reach out to one of our community's
Busters agencies (click here for flyer) to help you pay your
soon as possible:
If you're struggling to keep
up with rent, mortgage, or
utilities payments; click here for
Ann Arbor Housing Commission (AAHC) seeks to provide desirable housing and related supportive services for low-income individuals and families on a transitional and/or permanent basis. AAHC partners with housing and service providers to build healthy residential communities and promote an atmosphere of pride and responsibility.
Ann Arbor Housing Commission Agency Plan
The Ann Arbor Housing Commission is dedicated to meet the local housing needs and goals. Annually, the commission assesses the needs and creates a plan that addresses the policies, programs, operations and strategies required to meet those needs and goals. This comprehensive plan is required by HUD and is known as the Annual Agency Plan.
Draft 5YR Agency Plan FY20-24 (Including Fiscal Year 2021
The Ann Arbor Housing Commission (AAHC) has developed its Annual Agency Plan and Five (5) Year Plan for FY21 in compliance with the Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998. A Public Hearing was held on December 4th, 2019, at the AAHC Administrative Office, 727 Miller Avenue, Ann Arbor, 48104 at 6:00 PM. It is available for review from December 2, 2019 to April 6, 2020 at the following locations in Ann Arbor:
- Miller Manor-AAHC Main Office, 727 Miller Avenue, 48103
- AAHC Admin and Financial Office, 2000 S. Industrial, 48104
- Baker Commons Property Management Office, 106 Packard, 48104
- AAHC Website: www.a2gov.org/housingcommission
The Commission's hours of operation are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Written comments will be accepted to Weneshia Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any Ann Arbor Housing Commission location listed above until April 6, 2019
Main phone line at 734 794-6720, and then dial the extension
Emergency maintenance request during non-business hours, ext. 2
email@example.com, ext. 47201
Director of Operations:
firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 47203
Fiscal and Administrative Manager:
URaak@a2gov.org, ext. 47204
email@example.com, ext. 47205
firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 47245
email@example.com, ext. 47222
Tom-Meka Baskin, firstname.lastname@example.org ext. 47230
Voucher Program Manager—
email@example.com, ext 47212
Voucher Occupancy Specialists —
firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 47214
email@example.com, ext. 47213
Brookanne Maitland, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 47217
Katrisha Kelly, KKelly@a2gov.org, ext. 47311
Sharice Miller, SMiller@a2gov.org, ext. 47228
Lisa Lavan, LLavan@a2gov.org, ext. 47207
Waitlist Vouchers and Affordable Housing -
Angela Killom, AKillom@a2gov.org, ext. 47215
Family Self-Sufficiency Program -
FSS/Supportive Services Coordinator:
email@example.com, ext. 47209
Bonnie Miller, BoMiller@a2gov.org, ext. 47218
Affordable Housing —
firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 47206
email@example.com, ext. 47210
firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 47224
MWatson@a2gov.org, ext. 47221
MSlaughter@a2gov.org, ext. 47219Makia Slaughter,
Evangelina Vassallo, EVassallo@a2gov.org, ext. 47397
TOlivier@a2gov.org, ext. 47229
Maintenance Technicians —
After hours work order line: 734.794.6720, ext. 2