EAST STADIUM BRDIGES REPLACEMENT
Spring 2011 Public Information Meeting
Construction Plan Details and Construction Operations
Planning for the replacement of the East Stadium bridges over South State Street and the Ann Arbor Railroad originally began in 2007 as part of a larger project. (1) Given the increasing urgency of replacing the bridge over South State Street, the project was re-defined in 2009 to include ONLY the replacement of the bridges and improvements in the immediately adjacent area. In December 2009, the preliminary design was presented and the public was invited to provide input on options for the visual character of the project design elements. This information was used to develop construction plans.
Construction plans are now virtually complete. The community is invited to an information meeting on project funding, construction plan details and construction period operations. Please join us.
- What: Information Meeting
- When: Wednesday March 23, 2011 - 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Project progress report
- Construction Plan Details
- Construction Period Operations
- Open house Q & A
- Where: Pioneer High School Cafeteria
For more information visit: a2gov.org/stadiumbridges.
(1) The larger project also included planning for the re-construction of East Stadium west to South Main Street and bicycle and pedestrian improvements on South Main from East Stadium to Ann Arbor – Saline Road.