In 2012, the City will issue two contracts for resurfacing a number of streets, both major and local (shown below). Resurfacing typically consists of removing/replacing sections of damaged or settled curb, repairing/replacing drainage inlets and utility structures (manholes), replacing corner ramps (to meet current Americans with Disability Act standards), and repaving the roadway.
Each street is different, however, construction on smaller/local streets typically lasts between 20 to 40 days. Construction on longer/major streets typically lasts between 40 and 60 days. If you live on one of the streets listed, you will receive notice of the construction prior to the work beginning.
During construction, local access is maintained. However there may be occasions when the construction team will contact individual residents about closing driveways for a few days to allow new concrete installation. Garbage pick up and mail delivery will be maintained throughout the construction.
Do you know of any of these near the street at your house?
· Invisible Fence
· Other buried features
Contact us & let us know so we can avoid them!
There will be detours set up for a few of the major streets as indicated below. Prior to the work beginning, signs will be placed notifying drivers of the expected start of the detour.
- Huron Pkwy (Hubbard to Fuller)
- W. Liberty (Seventh to First). Detour WB traffic via Ashley to Huron to Seventh.
- Glen Ave (Huron to E. Medical Center). Detour NB traffic via Division to Broadway to Maiden Lane.
- Geddes Ave (Awixa to Apple Way). Detour EB & WB traffic via Washtenaw and Huron Pkwy.
- S. Fifth Ave (Huron to Liberty)
- S. Seventh (Madison to Pauline). Detour NB traffic via Pauline to Main to Madison.
- Canal St.
- N. Fifth Ave. (Depot to Beakes)
- David Ct.
- Pineview Ct.
- Hatcher Crescent (Miller to Hatcher St)
- W. William (Fourth St to Ashley)
- Fourth St. (Liberty to William)
- Third St. (Liberty to William)
- Eton Court
- Tremmel Ave.
- Esch Ave & Court (King George to Page)
- Pine Valley Court and Page Court
- Berkshire Rd. (Vinewood to Washtenaw)
- EB Vinewood (Washtenaw to Avon)
- Londonderry (Glendaloch to Bedford)
- Woodside Dr. (Scottwood to Wallingford)
- Mt. Pleasant (Madison to Sunnyside)
- Mt. Vernon (Madison to Manhattan)
- Manhattan (Mt. Pleasant to Mt. Vernon)
- Park Ave. (Manhattan to End)
- Palomar (Las Vegas to Catalina)
- Meadowbrook (Pauline to Martha)
- Martha (Ardmoor to Meadowbrook)
- S. Forest Ave (Hill to Wells)
- Dorset (Onondaga to Berkshire)
The construction schedule for each street will be determined in late March 2012. Please check back for updates or contact Elizabeth Rolla for more information.
The 2012 Street Resurfacing Project is funded by the 2007-2011 Street Resurfacing Millage approved by voters in 2006.
Questions or Concerns
Elizabeth Rolla, P.E., Senior Project Manager
734-794-6410 ext. 43636